Cannot Run MBAM Under Any Circumstances

Until 48 hours ago I had both Avira Antivirus and MalwareBytes Antimalware installed on my computer. Since I had the feeling that Avira was really slowing my PC and not catching anything, I removed Avira from my computer. That is when the problem started.

I began getting pop up windows and my PC began to freeze quite often at this stage. I use Mozilla Firefox when working on the internet, but the pop-ups are 100% in Internet Explorer. The strange thing is that the pop up windows cannot load. One IE window pops up but it is empty. No matter how long you wait, it will always say "connecting" and it never connects to anything. While this is happening, a second IE window pops up and then a third, fourth... However, all of them are always trying to connect and none of them display anything. I cannot close them either and have to terminate them from task manager. Of course, everything in the computer slows down terribly while 6-7 or sometimes 10 IE windows are trying to connect to somewhere.

I already had MBAM on my PC, so I tried to run it when this first happened. No luck... It was asking for the .exe file even though the fie was there and the program was running fine just a few days ago. So I checked these forums and downloaded the .exe file to another computer. I then changed the name of the file to explorer.exe and saved it on a usb drive. When I save this file on the MBAM folder in the infected computer, still no luck. I manually point the computer to the file while it is searching for it with a flashlight and still MALWAREBYTES won't open. It says Error Code 714 (0,9) {this is the error code if I am not mistaken -but it was late last night, so my memory is not 100%}

Next i tried to erase MBAM and reinstall it. I started by removing the program from the control panel/add-remove programs. Once you have done this, you are also supposed to download a program to erase all traces of MBAM, as you know (again, I learned this by searching this forum and used the link provided in several threads). I was unable to run this program, unfortunately because I get another error. I am sorry I cannot remember the exact name of the error because I was almost asleep at this stage, but I tried several times and no luck...

Finally I tried to remove MBAM from my PC by first using the add/remove software button in the control panel and them deleting the entire MALWAREBYTES folder in my C:Program Files, but that did not work either.

I was trying all of this in SAFE MODE and just to see if it would make a difference I also tried doing these things in NORMAL MODE. Still no luck.

I would be very glad if the members on this board or the Admins could tell me how I can run MBAM and get rid of this terrible infection.

Thank you very much

Hello, and welcome to malwarebytes.org

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus program. It is designed to be run in conjunction with an existing antivirus program to catch serious infections that a lot of antivirus programs miss completely.

malwarebytes.org has a team of experts who will give you free help with any malware problems.

But we can only work on malware in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum, not in the general forums.

If you would like a malware removal expert to give you personal assistance, please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org