Amethyst

cmsystemsinc.net, HydraGear slide blocked

Just wondering what you could tell me about this. We're trying to look up information about a slideout system on our camper, and the instruction book provided this link:

h t t p://cmsystemsinc.net

Trying to access that link provides a MWB warning about blocking malicious IP 208.73.210.27 and the page doesn't load. In fact, googling this link also provides the same popup. As does googling the provider of that IP, which is oversee.net, from California.

Thanks.

There's no actual website at any IP on 208.73.210.*, or indeed, any other oversee.net IP (other than their corporate pages of course). They're a "parking page" provider (PPC, which tends to lead to an overly high amount of malicious content)

We don't actually get any web page at that link either, just the MWB popup warning about the malicious IP and then an error message about the site being unavailable or too busy, etc. such that FF can't load the page. Maybe that was a dead link and it's been parked at oversee.net or something. (I don't know, I don't really know how these things work, although I have, on rare occasion, come across the odd domain name that's been parked.)

Thanks for the information. :) It's always interesting to learn how things work in cyberspace. :)

No problem :) Below is a screenshot of the site as it currently stands btw :)

post-1009-1271014817_thumb.png

Oh, my! That's got nothing to do with what we were looking for. The link in the owner's manual was supposed to provide technical support information about the slide out rooms on camper trailers. :)

Oh well, the manufacturer's original pages did have some useful information anyway, my husband was able to find some of the information he was looking for.

Thanks again for checking into that. :)

My pleasure :)