IObit Malware Fighter,

jelrik

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe where do you see that John?

I'd also like to know what DOG Detection is? :) How do they go about scanning ones dog?

Excuse me if I am totally misunderstanding it, but, I've never heard of a DOG Detection feature in any security software product before.

Guest APACHE

Looks like Malware to me! Spelling errors and all!

Correct spelling Analyzing not Anlyzing and Malware not Mailware.

Edited by MysteryFCM
Unnecessary formatting, quote and screenshot (repost from OP) removed

Guest APACHE
Errr no, that type of comment is just immature and completely incorrect.

You can not even support your favorite anti-malware application and throw in a little humor without catching flack from someone here lately......................

There was no harm intended and I am surprised you made that comment being you or a moderator at this forum.

Everyone has got to where they want to take everything so seriously these days.

I should have know better than to even comment on this topic!

APACHE

Guest APACHE
Well, there are many great programs that are not Malwarebytes' Anti-malware.

And I'm guessing MysteryFCM is expecting more from a Malware Hunter than irresponsible comments.

I never said there were not other great programs out there. I was only supporting Malwarebytes and didn't know it was going to become and issue, especially on Malwarebytes forums of all places.

There we go with the no sense of humor thing and wanting to slam someone for having a sense of humor.

If you can't have a little fun in life there is no point in existing............................

I have not made one statement about anyone on this forum but darn if it isn't coming my way tonight.

I've been called irresponsible and immature just for making an innocent statement that if it's not Malwarebytes, it's Malware.

The problem is, you're part of the Malware Hunters group, and as such, you have a responsibility as much as the rest of us, to act in a manner that is appropriate, and comments such as "if it's not malwarebytes, it's malware", could be damaging not just to your reputation, but to Malwarebytes, as the Malware Hunters group are seen as a representative of Malwarebytes, and it is this, that makes your comment very inappropriate.

Having a sense of humour is always a good thing, but there is good humour, and bad humour, and this definately falls in the latter of the two.

Guest APACHE
The problem is, you're part of the Malware Hunters group, and as such, you have a responsibility as much as the rest of us, to act in a manner that is appropriate, and comments such as "if it's not malwarebytes, it's malware", could be damaging not just to your reputation, but to Malwarebytes, as the Malware Hunters group are seen as a representative of Malwarebytes, and it is this, that makes your comment very inappropriate.

Having a sense of humour is always a good thing, but there is good humour, and bad humour, and this definately falls in the latter of the two.

I can assure you I will not make another post on this forum other than posting malware samples as I do URL's on the Malware Domain List forum and malwareurl.com.

I don't think anyone should have issues with this, should they?

From the perspective of an outsider the message you posted could be seen not so much as humor, but as some sort of "policy", which I know that was not your intention, it's simply a matter of unintentionally adding fuel to the fire so to speak if someone did not like Malwarebytes for some reason. They could link to your statement and say "one of their Malware Hunters said..." etc. It's because some people (trolls in particular) can be very petty and this is a support forum for a security product. It does have some flexibility, but statements like that can easily be misinterpreted (either accidentally or deliberately) by others as they might not realize you were just having a laugh.

Guest APACHE
From the perspective of an outsider the message you posted could be seen not so much as humor, but as some sort of "policy", which I know that was not your intention, it's simply a matter of unintentionally adding fuel to the fire so to speak if someone did not like Malwarebytes for some reason. They could link to your statement and say "one of their Malware Hunters said..." etc. It's because some people (trolls in particular) can be very petty and this is a support forum for a security product. It does have some flexibility, but statements like that can easily be misinterpreted (either accidentally or deliberately) by others as they might not realize you were just having a laugh.

Point Taken!

Thanks,

APACHE

No problem, and for the record, I knew you were just joking around and I took no offense whatsoever, but just as I said, there are those who are not amused by such statements and use them as ammunition just to stir up controversy. It's not your fault, just the unfortunate reality of the internet. I despise most censorship, but trolls and such that would use what you said against you and/or Malwarebytes etc can be such a pain and I'd hate to see you accidentally help them out (which I know you did not mean to do).