Removal of malware corrupted IE7

Hi,

On 4/5/10 I contracted some malware from, I believe, AVsoft. I ran a full scan in safe-mode and 7 items were found. I removed the items and re-booted windows normally. Ever since then my IE7 will only open to a blank page and you can't search the web at all. Also my OE6 will now not display images or pictures. All you get are boxes with red X's in them. I'm hoping that someone can help me solve this problem. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Monty

Hello sparky55 ,Welcome to Malwarebytes.org -

If you can get to our site on the infected computer our experts will remove these items for you, or use as many of the instructions as you can and do it in safe mode with networking -

As we don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums, please follow the directions below -

Please print out, read, and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please be patient as the experts can get a bit busy at times -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank You - :)

EDIT - Safe mode will not remove the major infections - It needs to be run in normal mode -