Error 714 (0,9) on paid version

Hello, everyone.

Last night I tried to run a scan (which I usually do every Thursday night) but I received a msg that said "Error Code 714 (0,9)" and MBAM would not scan. Attached is a copy of my Snip.

I have tried a few times after that but I still can't scan my computer. :D I have a Compaq Presario laptop, with Windows Vista Home Premium.

I just sent an email to your Support Group, but I was wondering if this forum would give me a faster answer. I don't like the idea of now being able to run my scans.

Thank you, I appreciate your assistance.

post-38594-1270833956_thumb.jpg

Greetings and welcome to Malwarebytes :D

Please try the following to see if it corrects the issue:

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please post back with your results.

Greetings and welcome to Malwarebytes :D

Please try the following to see if it corrects the issue:

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please post back with your results.

My goodness! A reply already! :):) Thank you so much. I will print the info and will do as you suggest, then I will get back here with my results.

Thanks again!!! :)

You're very welcome, I hope all goes well :)

Hi Samuel,

I printed and then followed your suggestions, but as soon as I clicked on uninstall, I got the MBAM error msg again. This time, clicking on OK didn't get rid of it, it just kept on coming back again and again.

Ended up doing a System Restore to 5 days ago and tried again - with the same results! The Uninstall option just got hung up, and the "close" button was grayed out. I finally had to turn off my laptop to get rid of it all. I took a Snip to show you.

So, it looks like MBAM it's not only not working, now I can't uninstall it either! :D

Thanks for your help.

post-38594-1270837375_thumb.jpg

Hello,

"I printed and then followed your suggestions, but as soon as I clicked on uninstall, I got the MBAM error msg again. This time, clicking on OK didn't get rid of it, it just kept on coming back again and again."

Still click on OK untill Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware uninstall says that you must restart the computer, do this and you will se Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will be removed!

This msg was known by me also yesterday after a system repair.

Even today with a new repair the msg came up.

I work with Vista Basic.

With regards Beletit.

Hello,

Still click on OK untill Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware uninstall says that you must restart the computer, do this and you will se Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will be removed!

This msg was known by me also yesterday after a system repair.

Even today with a new repair the msg came up.

I work with Vista Basic.

With regards Beletit.

Hi Beletit,

It looks like I'm not the only one having this problem... thanks for your msg.

Regards,

Adama

You can also just try installing the latest version from here on top of your existing version, then restart your computer. Once that's done, try uninstalling it again just to make sure it now works, then reboot and reinstall the software once more.

Hi again Samuel,

Sorry I wasn't able to come back to the forum, my son was visiting all weekend.

I will go ahead and download the latest version, and see what happens.

Thanks for your help! :)

You can also just try installing the latest version from here on top of your existing version, then restart your computer. Once that's done, try uninstalling it again just to make sure it now works, then reboot and reinstall the software once more.

OMG, that did the trick!! I started the installation and at first I got the pesky error code msg, but I just clicked on OK and the installation continued on without a hitch! I restarted, then uninstalled it. That part worked fine too. Then I reinstalled it again and no msg this time!

I had been so worried about this, I started crying like a baby :) I ran a flash scan to make sure things were ok, and it ran in 49 seconds! I'm really loving that new flash scan feature! Now the MBAM icon is happy again and back where it belongs.

Samuel, you are indeed a MBAMG - a God! You not only were Johnny-on-the-spot, you were clear with your instructions and didn't talk down to me because I was having a problem. If I could I'd give you a big bear hug... so, consider yourself hugged.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You guys are THE BEST!!!

Have a wonderful week,

All the best,

Adama

post-38594-1271090052_thumb.jpg