antivirus

antivirus  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted avast and would avoid spybot and go with a paid version of MBAM.

The free version of avast been improved and I am using the newest version that is in test right now.

I voted MSE because it definitely is very set and forgot.

I have installed Avira on a machine who's users aren't very tech savvy, and they haven't had any issues so far. I am considering switching them over to MSE though (just because I've heard that version 10 has had some issues including with MBAM), we'll see. I keep an eye on that machine when I can, hehe.

SpyBot is good for immunization; I do NOT recommend enabling/using TeaTimer (the realtime protection) very bloated and these days honestly won't do you much good unfortunately.

I voted for MSE to. However avira does very well, but it's not set and forget like MSE due to the nag screen. Now for spybot I would drop it. It's very bloated for an anti-spyware and not as good as it once was. You're better of using MBAM and SAS paid versions.

Thanks for bringing that up unorginal. It is pretty easy to learn what your status is. Green is for safe, Yellow is for potential and red is for danger.

Green- You have the latest updates and no attention is needed.

Yellow- Your update may have failed or a unknown file is detected.

Red- MSE is turned off or infected files are in need of attention.

why?

why does mse beat avira

avira is much lighter than mse and has a better detection than mse

so why?

It all goes down to opinion. However MSE is supposed to have better cleanup capabilities then Avira. Avira is much lighter, but has trouble removing some malware. Like I said it's all about opinion. Use the one you feel most comfortable with. :)

Hello~ i Voted for MSE~

MSE is a wonderful product (if your OS is activated)

some people have Windows XP or Windows 7 or vista illegally and does have a serial key for the product activation therefore MSE will not work. (no signature update i presume)

I would not recommend Avira 10 because i saw reviews recently and i noticed a major breakdown comparison between it and avira9....

if you dont like MSE my second option would be avast~

avast 5 is friendly easy to use and uses up only around 6mb on ram. :angry:

and it is a strong Antivirus~