Movie database

FinnishSaint

Hi folks,

It would be generous to share some movies you like with fellow forum people. Feel free to post as many reviews as you want, as long as you include the category(i.e. horror, action), basic information(duration, full name etc. , no detailed info needed) and the body of the plot(do not reveal it all!).

Please post movies separately so they are easier to read(no several movies in one reply).

It's allowed to comment movies posted by others but keep it clean and explain why, if you don't like some of them.

Thanks in advance for reviews, at least I'm waiting to hear your opinions and experiences, I like movies a lot, you know :)

I would have posted something about a movie I like but I am kinda bad at describing movies sometimes, lol.

I like IMDB. :D

My favorites? I have a top 6:

(in no particular order)

The Shawshank Redemption

Braveheart

12 Angry Men (original with Henry Fonda)

The Princess Bride

Dragonheart

(I'll fill in the last one here later, can't quite remember it at the moment).

Well, I don't really watch movies much. I guess my favorite would be.......

Godzilla 50th Anniversary

Final War!

Bought it at Menards for $10 just to rate how bad it was. Rather good actually. The first time I watched it I only one person spoke english and the rest spoke Japanese. I had to watch it a second time and change it to english.

My latest movie: 2012

Lenght: around 2h 30min

Category: Action(end of the world)

I recently watched 2012 with my friend. The main point is that a single guy that just broke up with his wife tries to save himself and his family from the end of the world. The earth is a total mess with lava and water coming out from every possible hole. And don't forget the surface cracking - it's always hilarious to watch some grannies driving into a giant hole(OK, not always). Full of visual effect and cliches, but still pretty good.

Final War!

Bought it at Menards for $10 just to rate how bad it was. Rather good actually. The first time I watched it I only one person spoke english and the rest spoke Japanese. I had to watch it a second time and change it to english.

Hope you at least had subtitles :D

Ye I like those "basic movies" like Lotr and Harry Potter too :D

One thing that bothers me is that why do people in German dub every movie they have? That's so useles, makes the audio a lot worse(no original sounds) and they could use movies for learning english.

Here in Finland we just put subs on every movie that has foreign language(s) and the result is that Finland is the Europes leading country in language education, we learn english better than you :)

Today I'll start hunting for more movies and maybe come up with some reviews.

Final War!

Glad to see I'm not the only old school Godzilla fan around here :). Godzilla: Final Wars was great, especially when big G kills 'Zilla' (the Japanese equivalent of the epic fail that was the American Godzilla, you know, the overgrown Iguana that Mathew Broderick fell in love with :D).

As for looking up movies, Wikipedia is an excellent resource as well.

• 2 weeks later...