Sign in to follow this  
meme

startuplite

if i download this i can stop alot of programs from start up is it this simple to just download and go by your list i would like to stop some process from running at start up so will this help this also

StartUpLite will determine which ones are memory hogs and do not need to startup. The ultimate choice is up to you whether you want them to start or not.

for peace of mind check this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

I always use default from microsoft for compatibility issues.

That program wasn't designed by Microsoft, it was designed by a company Microsoft purchased.

Most autostart managers will work fine. The average startup entries are obvious, even in the registry.

My favorite is RunAlyzer from Safer-Networking, but StartUpLite is great for the average user because it makes recommendations, explains why it recommends what it does, and gives you the option to do what it recommends or to disregard it.

Autoruns is awesome. I trust it more than any other third party app.

I love autoruns just because it's simple and effective, and easy to undo changes (it doesn't delete items if you uncheck them, it just moves them to a key under "autoruns disabled"). Very handy if I screw something up.