ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT 12002

MBAM 1.45 Free

XP Pro/SP3 fully up to date

OnlineArmor Firewall

NOD32 AV

Yesterday and today I have received time out errors while attempting to update the MBAM database. The full error message is given in the attached image.

Note that this occurs while using a dial-up connection. Using a WiFi connection, the updates proceed without problems.

post-14382-1270238267_thumb.jpg

• Root Admin

It is a time out issue due to not receiving the file quick enough or telling the system that your connection is still active.

At this time I'm not sure there is much we can do about it but I'll submit it to the developer team as an item of interest to look into further.

From Microsoft Error Codes:

ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT

The request has timed out.

I'm not sure which of those situations applies. Certainly the connection is active, assuming dial-up can be considered active. It has happened twice: once very near the start of the download, and once when the download was already more than 90% complete according to the progress bar.

I really did not expect there is much you can do about it. But the error message did ask that you be informed, and with the problems other users have been experiencing since the release of 1.45 I thought it prudent to bring it to your attention. Just trying to help, especially since Bruce and I are old colleagues from the days of CastleCops.

• Root Admin

I'm glad you posted your issue and I've already posted to the developers to see if there is anything we can do about it or not. I'm sure its already being handled automatically by the communications library but sometimes if the timing on a keep-alive signal is low the connection can be dropped, other times its actually due to the ISP that drops or breaks your connection briefly as part of their mechanism to allow more dialups than they can truly support at one time.

I'm glad you posted your issue and I've already posted to the developers to see if there is anything we can do about it or not. I'm sure its already being handled automatically by the communications library but sometimes if the timing on a keep-alive signal is low the connection can be dropped, other times its actually due to the ISP that drops or breaks your connection briefly as part of their mechanism to allow more dialups than they can truly support at one time.

The only other thing I can add to the discussion is that if it is a problem on my end, it only happens with downloading the MBAM database updates.

Best regards,

RL