error code 2

Hi,

I am using ver. 1.45. I looked through my protection-log and noticed the following:

ERROR Quarantine failed: UtilityReadFile failed with error code 2

Could someone tell me what an error code 2 is? I've attempted to search for the answer but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. Thanks.

• Root Admin

It means The system cannot find the file specified. It could have been intercepted by your Anti-Virus or other security software before we were able to grab it.

Do a quick scan and make sure it comes back clean. Then also update your AV and do a scan with it to ensure all is still okay.

It means The system cannot find the file specified. It could have been intercepted by your Anti-Virus or other security software before we were able to grab it.

Do a quick scan and make sure it comes back clean. Then also update your AV and do a scan with it to ensure all is still okay.

Thank you for the reply. The file in question is AppData\Local\Temp\Opr71A.tmp.com it sometimes comes up as a .exe, .htm or .zip extention. I can never actually see the file even if I go to the directory when malwarebytes intially informs me of the problem.

I have scanned the system with Avira, and Malwarebytes, system comes up clean. I have turned off protection module for now. I believe that it may be a false positive associated with Opera...I guess I could be infected with something though.

• Root Admin

To be on the safe side then you might want to have one of the experts help you verify if they can locate anything.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org