MAB and Evidence Eliminator

Hi.

I've downloaded Evidence Eliminator (cleaner software) and from what I've read, and even though I know there's a controversy about it, it's my impression that EE is NOT malware. Yet the first time I did a scan with MAB it flagged EE as malware, so I added it to the "Ignore List."

Still, occasionally, MAB flags EE as malware. My question is this: can anyone say if there is software that "impersonates" Evidence Eliminator?

Thanks again.

• Root Admin

There are many elements of EE - when you see it come up and you're certain its part of EE then add it to the ignore list and MBAM should not flag it the next time.

Plenty of other software applications that will do similar but are not labeled as spyware, adware, malware, etc...

All these types of software are only going to hide tracks from a casual user. If the system is forensically examined there will always be signs of whats been going on with the system which is often enough for the legal system, they don't need the full file information.

Passware Kit Forensic Decrypts TrueCrypt Hard Disks in Minutes

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Passware Inc., a provider of password recovery, decryption, and evidence discovery software for computer forensics, announced that the latest version of its flagship product, Passware Kit Forensic, has become the first commercially available software to break TrueCrypt hard drive encryption without applying a time-consuming brute-force attack. It was also the first product to decrypt BitLocker drives.

Long believed unbreakable, TrueCrypt is a free open-source full-disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux, that creates virtual hard disks with real-time encryption.

The point being - why use EE if it is shrouded in such controversy when others doing similar functions are not. Don't have a false sense of security.