Problem Or no problem

When i Open up MBAM.exe i see it " on task manager" go up to 80,000~100,000K and then nothing happends for a while...

After a while like aprox. 2min MBAM opens then i can fnially scan my files and etc...

After the program was open the MBAM.exe went down to around 42,000K

when i update the database everytime i click update then it goes goes when it reaches 100% it freezes there and then after 1-3min it says the database has successfully updated to etc...

Theses symptoms are they normal? Or there is some kind of problem with my computer?

please and thank you for all the ones that replies

Looking forward for all of them :)

Try adding MBAM exclusions to your antivirus. To do so, exclude these files in your antivirus:

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

* C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

* C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

* C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

* C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

* C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows XP:

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

* C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

I hope that helps. I've had problems with MBAM until I did this, but just so you know I am not by any means an expert on these matters

Ah I see. Hopefully someone will look over your situation soon.

By the way, you don't need to reply on these posts, Just hit Addreply. Some people on this forum get annoyed by the reply feature since it creates really long quotes

ok " i know im only replying to inform you that i know now " thank you for your reply (: and your tip i will no longer reply unless any problems occurs

thank you

• Root Admin

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.

What are your system specs? memory, CPU/MHz, operating system.

Look at your system log file (on XP, right-click, select 'manage', and look into the system log -- see if you have any 'DISK' errors.

Also, you might consider downloading and running mcafee and norton cleanup tools. I have seen bits of those antivirus lurking on systems even if the customer removed them right after purchasing the PC new from Dell, HP, etc...

my system specs are really poor... single core 750 mhz

1gb ram

16mb video card " cant check the percise specs for this one "

12gb hard drive

windows xp services pack 3

but anyways i dont think this is such a issue(if it is or not) i just wanted to nkow if it was or not... .... i mean like it only takes more time for it loads up ... but anyways thnx for all your comments and replies i really appreciate for your replies :)