Does malwarebytes have an e-mail scanner?

I have Avira and Kerio on the suggetion of this forum. If I buy the malwarebytes instead of the free version does it have an e-mail scanner AND will it slow down my machine (like AVG) AND will it interfere with avira?

ty

Hi DLGolfs :)

Avira and Malwarebytes usually get along beautifully, although some people have been having issues between Avira and Mbam in realtime lately. This with version 10 of Avira. If you are still using version 9, there shouldn't be an issue. However, support for version 9 will end at some point, but I don't know when that is.

That being said, you should follow the directions here for excluding Malwarebytes from your Avira. Even though you don't use AVG, the exclusion files are the same.

Mbam runs nice and light in the background. I hardly notice it. All I need to see is the red & white M in the lower right of my task tray and I'm good to go :) hehe.

Mbam does NOT have an email scanner. Doesn't Avira have one?

What is Kerio?

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button located at the bottom of the page.

Thank you :)

Kerio is a replacement for Microsoft Firewall.

No Avira does not have an e-mail scanner. I would think if malware came through an e-mail then Avira would catch it, no?

Can someone recommend a good e-mail scanner? I used to use Lavasoft and AVG but it slowed my machine down so much. UPon request of this forum I changed to Avira and wanted to buy Malwarbytes but as you say it does not have an e-mail scanner.

Now I am getting 3000 spam a day. I am using mailwasher but I am still getting them, less and less but still at 2000 a day.

Did anyone hear we are going to have to pay for e-mails, 44 cents a piece or was that an April Fools Joke?

DLGolfs,

Oh, okay. I just wasn't sure what Kerio was.

Oh! I thought Avira had an e-mail scanner. Maybe just the paid version does. Are you using the free or paid version?

Well, looking at Avira's website here, I see some MailServer items... take a peek at their products and see if something might work for you. Not sure if they are free or not, though.

http://www.avira.com/en/products/index.php

Hopefully someone else will have some ideas about an email scanner, as I don't really know much about it since I pretty much use web-based emails instead of something like Outlook or Thunderbird.

As for the email thing costing 44 cents per email, probably a joke, I've heard that off and on for years and it hasn't happened yet.

Did anyone hear we are going to have to pay for e-mails, 44 cents a piece or was that an April Fools Joke?

April Fools joke -

Now I am getting 3000 spam a day. I am using mailwasher but I am still getting them, less and less but still at 2000 a day.

If you mark the first few as SPAM then your email should recognise them as spam - Unless they are from many locations -

I used to use Lavasoft

Will not separate spam - My Yahoo mail (main account) seems to recognise them once I mark the first one or two as spam -

If you think you have some infection that allows these spam items in then please follow the directions below -

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank You - :)