Browser Hijacker

Well, I'm backed into a corner with this computer I've been working on. I've done all the typical stuff that I generally use to clean up a computer. Malwarebytes has been run repeatedly, full scan and quick scan, and in safe mode, safe mode with networking, and command prompt mode along with a few other detection/removal devices such as Spybot S&D, GMER, TFC, and ran the typical Hijack This log as well. The actual problem is when you make an attempt to go to a useful site, such as Malywarebytes or any other site involved with the detection and removal or harmful programs and files. It only happens when booted into normal mode. Safe mode functions just fine. I went into the command line and brought up a list of tasks that were running in both safe mode and regular mode and compared the two and ending tasks that were different in the two and the problem still occurred. This computer was bad off at the beginning, but it's functioning at a basic level now. I also jotted down a few of the IP address that the browser were being routed to incase they were of some use. They are 64.111.196.114 and 68.169.84.155 and 208.94.233.33. Personally I'm out of ideas at this point. I'd rather not having to back up everything and clean off the entire harddrive due to the amount of data that's on the system, but it's beginning to look like that's all that can be done. I was also thinking about stripping the HDD and running a scan on it without booting from it at all so no processes would be running incase something is hiding the hijacker. Any suggestions on what to do at this point?

Update: Well, I ran Combofix. It went through the file system and deleted files upon files upon folders of content that had been plaguing the system. Things other things wouldn't find. After this run and removal, everything seems to be working fine. Going to run a follow up on it to see if anything turns up and keep my eye on it for a while.

• 5 weeks later...