Malwarebytes IP Test Site

No pop-ups. I have not received a single pop-up in the last 3 months (since I migrated to Windows 8 Pro) - that was my concern. All scans (malwarebytes & windows malicious software removal tool) are clean (0 detections).

PS: I have Malwarebytes Pro (updated daily) with realtime protection enabled. The default windows defender is also active and the windows firewall is configured to exclude malwarebytes processes as per this forum's post.

I checked the protection log and found that It is blocking the ip address 

2013/10/19 19:22:56 -0400 ABCPC useren IP-BLOCK 184.173.97.196 (Type: outgoing, Port: 52302, Process: chrome.exe)

but no pop-ups even though the 'show tooltip' is enabled.

Thanks for all the help!!

• 3 months later...

I also tried the test site for website blocking, but did not got any pop-up message, even though "show tooltip" was enabled. However, my log shows that it has been blocked.

I am wondering, why I do not get these pop-ups anymore (I got them before) ? Is this happening, because I use Windows 8.1 pro now (I used Windows 7 before)? I need the answer, because I think that it is good to know, if an IP will be blocked (even though it still blocks anonymously). Thank you.

• Staff

Please take a look at Section G of our FAQ in the section where it says I have it set to show the notifications in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but they do not show up, how can I fix it?.

If that does not resolve the issue for you then please verify you have Malwarebytes set to show icon and notifications in your taskbar settings. For more information please refer to this page in the section where it says To change how icons and notifications appear in the notification area.

Also verify that you did not delete the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware item from your Metro/START screen as that icon exists so that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can show the toast notifications in Windows 8. If that icon is missing, you may reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it should replace it for you so that the notifications work again.