Anti-Malware popups

Hi all,

First of all I looove this program. I guess Norton Internet Security is basically crap, as it allowed all kinds of malware to accumulate on my computer to the point that my browser was being hijacked and the computer was running slowly, but since running Anti-Malware it is like it is a new computer...

Meanwhile, I keep getting popup messages from Anti-malware saying that it has successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website: (an ip address follows.) While I'm glad it is doing this :) , I would also like to know where the attempts to connect are coming from and eliminate the programs whatever they are.

Thanks,

Edward

Hello edwardBe, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

Do you have any web browsers open while these pop up? How about file sharing software like lime-wire, or utorrent? Any IM software running?

These can cause the pop-up to come up. There is also a possibility that your system may have some stuff left over causing this. If you would like to have an expert take a look at it, you can follow the instructions below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Also, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button or erase what the person you are replying to said, as this makes the forum easier to read.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you :)