mbam.exe missing from download?

McAfee on my computer has a window that won't go away from my desktop reporting the Vundo!ge Trojan was detected in C:\windows\system32\juyadewi.dll and so I tried using microsoft download but didn't help. A blog I found on Google recommened this site, so I downloaded the free version - twice. It keeps coming up that it cannot find mbam.exe so it will not run.

Would appreciate help with either problem! :)

Hello and :)

• My name is xixo_12 and I will guide you.
  • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
  • You may wish to print them off or copy the instruction into Notepad.
  • If you have any question please don't hesitate to ask.
  • The instructions that I will give to you are specific to your current problem and shouldn't be used on other systems.
  • If you are receiving help or have received help on this problem elsewhere, please let us know.
  • Keep interact with me until your computer is clean.

Please! If you need more time to do all the instructions, let me know before 72hours is done. Otherwise, your thread will be closed

First,

Discussion.

Please let me know, is it windows vista or xp?

Next,

Checklist.

Please post.

• Respond to our discussion

Hi,

Let's proceed.

First,

Rkill

Please download from one of the following links and save to your Desktop:

One, Two,Three or Four

• Double click on Rkill.
  • A command window will open then disappear upon completion, this is normal.
  • Please leave Rkill on the Desktop until otherwise advised.

Note: If your security software warns about Rkill, please ignore and allow the download to continue.

Next,

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Random

• Please download this randomize rename file and save to the desktop.
  • Move the file into the Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder on the infected PC and double click the file to launch it.
  • Then malwarebytes should run.
    Note : If the Malwarebytes's Anti-Malware still can't run, please rename the file to explorer.exe
  • Click on Update tab > Check for Updates.
  • Once done, click on Scanner tab, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    mbam1.png
  • Refer to above image and then click Remove Selected to proceed.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the log back into your next reply

Note:

• The log can also be found here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
  • Or via the Logs tab when Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is started.

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.

Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.

If asked to restart the computer, please do so. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware..

Next,

RSIT by random/random.

Please download from HERE and save to the desktop.

• Double-click on RSIT.exe to run the tool.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it finishes, two logs will open.
    • log.txt will be opened maximized
    • info.txt will be opened minimized

[*]Please post the contents of both logs in your next post.

***You can find manually the log at C:\rsit

Next,

GMER.

Please download from HERE and save to the desktop.

• Unzip/extract the file to its own folder.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
    There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
  • Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
  • Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan,click NO.
  • Click on >>> symbol and choose on the Rootkit tab.
  • Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
  • Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
  • Click on the Scan and wait for the scan to finish.
    Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.
  • When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
  • Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in SAFE MODE"

Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan..

Next,

Checklist.

Please post.

• Content of MBAM log
  • Content of log.txt and info.txt (Find both in c:\rsit)
  • Content of GMER.txt

Hello :),

Reminder.

It's 48 hours since my last reply.

Please let me know if you have any problems to understand my instructions or you need an extra time.

In order to maintain our policy,

You have, next 24 hours to reply at this topic, otherwise it will be closed as inactive.

Regards,

xixo_12

I was not able to log back on after I downloaded that last scan and it ran all night. In the morning when I tried to activate the computer from it's sleep mode it just crashed completely. Since then I have not been able to use the internet at all now. This is my first day back at work and I'm using their computer. I think in the future instructions should not be given in as many steps as I was asked to do on my own. I was able to do the first two scans and should have reported back those logs when I had them instead of go onto that third step which really did the computer in. I had a window pop up that said there was not sufficient disk space to run the program and then it started running a scan of my C/ drive, but then crashed again.

Hi,

I want to take a look first.

Still wonder what happen to your system.

First,

Check Disk.

• Copy the code as below by higlight > right click > copy:
    cmd /c chkdsk c: |find /v "percent" >> "%userprofile%\desktop\checkhd.txt"

• Click on start > Run....
  • Paste the code into the box and click OK.
  • A blank command window will open on your desktop, then close in a few minutes. This is normal.
  • Please post the contents of checkhd.txt (On the desktop).

Next,

Checklist.

Please post.

• Content of checkhd.txt

Hello :D,

Reminder.

It's 48 hours since my last reply.

Please let me know if you have any problems to understand my instructions or you need an extra time.

In order to maintain our policy,

You have, next 24 hours to reply at this topic, otherwise it will be closed as inactive.

Regards,

xixo_12

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.