Confused about RegTool (regtool.com)

I have a customer's PC who has the regtool.com program loaded... and searching Google just came up with a bunch of sites promoting it, and 1 or 2 that say it is malicious.

So, I searched here. I have found posts saying it is detected and removed by MBAM, and others saying it isn't because it is more of a 'snake oil' product...Well it isn't detected by the latest updates, so I don't know what the truth of the matter is :x

It did update Adobe, Java, and other programs that were out of date, which I find useful since it is usually the older versions of software that gets exploited the most. It said it found and removed quite a few other "problems". As far as system performance? No change. (Not surprised either, as I have never seen a registry tool make Windows run better, ever... unless it was trying to load bad drivers or something).

Since it isn't being detected, I assume MBAM considers it to be non-malicious? (Other than being a 'snake oil' product). And since it appears the customer may have paid for it, is there really any harm in leaving it?

TIA

If you have updated with the latest version of MBAM and it doesn't detect it, it is probably in the grayware zone.

So it is not a real rogueware/malicious program, but it is best to not use it either.

WOT rating: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.regtool.com

F-Secure rating: http://browsingprotection.f-secure.com/swp...lVWu*LOJrAJnCwg

Imho, I wouldn't use it either, but it is up to the customer (since he paid) whether he wants to leave it on his computer or not.