DESKTOP ICON

SINCE INSTALLING MALWAREBYTES THE OTHER DAY ON WINDOWS 7 THERE'S BEEN A STRANGE CHANGE. PREVIOUSLY WHEN I POITED THE CURSOR TO THE LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE SCREEN THE DESKTOP WOULD COME UP BUT NOW ONLY CLICKING IN THE SAME CORNER DOES THE SAME. THE SECOND STRANGE THING IS WHEN OFF LINE, AND ON THE DESKTOP SCREEN CLICKING IN THIS SAME CORNER CAUSES THE WRITING UNDER THE ICON TO MAKE A SPACE BETWEEN THE MALWAREBYTE, AND ANTI-MALWARE LINES, AND INSERT AN S'. ANYONE WITH WINDOWS 7 HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS, AND IF SO WHY. :rolleyes: PITH

To be honest, I have no idea what you're issue is. Can you clarify? I, for one, am not having an aero peek problem with MBAM.

Try right-clicking on the aero-peek space (the lower right-hand corner) and make sure peek at desktop is checked.

Ok I'll try to explain better. On windows 7 theres a feature which allows you to go from whatever site your on to your desk top just by bringing your cursor to rest in the very lower right of your screen. When you remove the cursor from the corner, bingo your back at whatever web page you were at without clicking. Frankly its a silly feature but whatever. Now, its only working if I click in the lower right hand corner. At the same time I'm clicking the two lines of writing under the Malwarebytes Icon insert an S' between them.

Malwarebytes or Malwarebytes changing back and forth between the two as I click in the lower right hand corner. In other words the feature in question is working in a different way.pith

Anti-malware S'

Anti-malware

Ok I'll try to explain better. On windows 7 theres a feature which allows you to go from whatever site your on to your desk top just by bringing your cursor to rest in the very lower right of your screen. When you remove the cursor from the corner, bingo your back at whatever web page you were at without clicking. Frankly its a silly feature but whatever. Now, its only working if I click in the lower right hand corner. At the same time I'm clicking the two lines of writing under the Malwarebytes Icon insert an S' between them.

Malwarebytes or Malwarebytes pith

Anti-malware S'

Anti-malware

I'm not positive of this feature your describing but I suppose it's possible that the balloon tips from MBAM could interfere with it. Have you tried closing the MBAM program and see if that helps.

Thankyou for your help. I called HP tech support, and they did one of those remote control deals, and concluded it was something to do with security causing the change. I don't understand what they mean, but apparently its nothing of importance. One of the tech supervisors told me its not a good idea to have two different softwares like Tend Micro, and Malwarebytes on the computer. Why is it everyone I ask says something different about this. I like the Malwarebytes, and I haven't noticed any negative interaction between the two softwares, but again they've got me worried. I've had a lot of trouble lately with either virus or malware from supposedly good sites, and the Malwarebytes is the only thing that found, and trapped the problem. Both the Norton, I had before, and the Trend micro I have now told me there was a problem but did nothing about it. :) pith

Generally it is a good rule to use only one anti-virus as they can cause issues and conflicts. However, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is not an antivirus and is not designed to replace one, it is designed to work alongside it. It's likely that HP Support was simply unaware of this and assumed it was a second antivirus program which is why they gave you the warning.

Generally it is a good rule to use only one anti-virus as they can cause issues and conflicts. However, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is not an antivirus and is not designed to replace one, it is designed to work alongside it. It's likely that HP Support was simply unaware of this and assumed it was a second antivirus program which is why they gave you the warning.

Thankyou exile, and Advanced, you deities are like Gods to me :):) pith