Same problem as glnz

Same problem as what glnz had.

I also have Win2000Pro SP4 and had the same error message as he/she did.

Tried uninstalling (with AV off and firewall off) and rebooting and (with AV off and firewall off) I ran your cleaner and rebooted and (with AV off and firewall off) I tried installing the free version 1.45 and had a .dll problem.

Since the thread from glnz was closed, I couldn't reply.

I also sent an email to customer support.

I will be following this forum to see if a solution is found.

Thank you,

Buffalo

Although MBAM has never found an actual malware on my system, I hear nothing but good about it in newsgroups.

I think eventually mbam my drop support for 2000 in the future. Microsoft is already trying to move people up with the upcoming debut of IE 9, IE 9 won't be compatible with Xp. To keep your system safe it's best to use vista or above as they get updates. Updates provide fixes and help prevent malware.

Please try the update again. We believe we have fixed this issue. Thanks,

I have dl'd the latest free version (again in the last 10 min) and I still get the same error while trying to install it.

Do I need to install ver 1.44 and then try the update feature?

Buffalo

@ Buffalo -

At File Hippo downloads there is a list of previous versions at the download page for Malwarebytes - On the side is listed the previous editions -

From there you can load an older version , but do not update as that will lead to 1.45 - You will be 90% protected as some the updates are minimal -

Thank You - :rolleyes:

You don't need to. You should be able to download v1.45 from any of the major download sites now and install that version and it will correct the issue for you.

Thanks

I just dl'd the latest version and it seems to be exactly the same as the one I dl'd two days ago. Exactly the same number of bytes and version. I still get the same error message.

Buffalo

PS: Yes, I had my AV and my SAS turned off while trying to install it and I also had my Recycled Bin empty.

If I can successfully dl and install ver 1.44 I will. Then I will try to update from there.

I just dl'd the latest version and it seems to be exactly the same as the one I dl'd two days ago. Exactly the same number of bytes and version. I still get the same error message.

Buffalo

PS: Yes, I had my AV and my SAS turned off while trying to install it and I also had my Recycled Bin empty.

If I can successfully dl and install ver 1.44 I will. Then I will try to update from there.

Hey glnz. did you get it working on your system?

Buffalo

Buffalo, if you downloaded from download.com, try another mirror. They seem to be slow to update their files. Try this one:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Malwa...re/1186760019/1

Yep, the file I kept downloading was mbam-setup-1.45.exe which was the older version at 5,918,720 bytes and ver 145.0.0 .

I was getting this from the malwarebytes.org site which had me dl it from a mirror which obviously still had the old file yesterday.

The revised file was mbam.setup.exe and it was 5,922,816 bytes and ver 145.0.0 and it worked without a hitch.

Thanks for the reply.

All is well now. :rolleyes:

Buffalo

PS: An a big THANKS to MBAM for a great product and quick support response. ;):)