problems installing mbam 1.45

I get a runtime error trying to install on win2k

Webpage says it will run on win2k etc(see below)

Key Features

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).

any help would be great

Welcome alk55 -

Do you get this on any other program (such as updating your AntiVirus) - Has this just happened today or on any other occasion -

Thank You -

This just happened today for the first time. I tried updating old mbam and it said the file was corrupted.

I uninstalled and ran mbam-clean, rebooted twice, installed latest mbam and no luck. Win2k pro sp4.

The last version of mbam ran alright with no problems.

I realize win2k is an old operating system and should be updated but it is all I have right now. Any help would be appreciated.

This just happened today for the first time. I tried updating old mbam and it said the file was corrupted.

I uninstalled and ran mbam-clean, rebooted twice, installed latest mbam and no luck. Win2k pro sp4.

The last version of mbam ran alright with no problems.

I realize win2k is an old operating system and should be updated but it is all I have right now. Any help would be appreciated.

I experienced the samething today when I tried to update my computer that is running Windows 2000 SP4. I got a runtime error saying that it was unable to import the DLL: mbam.dll from a temporary directory.

I am getting the same runtime error when I try to install version 1.45 on Win2K machine. Runtime error (at-1:0):

Cannot import dll:\C\Documen~1\user\Locals~1\temp\ER8UL.tmp\mbam.dll.

Each time I tried to install it the follow on error message changed but the runtime error remained the same.

I also ran the clean.exe after uninstalling mbam and it still gives me the Run time error code.

No other programs are malfunctioning. The last update I did on Malwarebytes was yesterday 03/28/10 and I had no problem. When I checked the update for today 03/29/10 I got the runtime error. Really puzzled by this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Miketerr

Hi Both of you -

Can you list your AntiVirus program and if you think you may have any other problems - My XP SP3 had no problems with the free version -

Also , yes it is designed for Win 2000 -

Thank you -

PCTools free anti-virus and PCtools free firewall and I disabled both after uninstalling and cleaning mbam. and rebooted. There is not a problem with my other software on my system and they both update just fine. Was able to update on 03/28/10 but not on 03/29/10. Ran full scan with old version from yesterday and there was no problem.

Thanks

Miketerr

@ Miketerr

Do you still have that version (1.44) as it is 99% the same, without a few updates -

Have you added any exclusions to the A/V as in the FAQ section -HERE

Exclude Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's Files and Folders From Other Active Security Programs:

For Windows XP: Or 2000

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Thank You -

EDIT - Please use the ADD REPLY Tab when responding -

Hi All of you -

Can you list your AntiVirus program and if you think you may have any other problems - My XP SP3 had no problems with the free version -

Also , yes it is designed for Win 2000 - We are looking at the programming now -

Thank you -

I am using ESET NOD32 AntiVirus on my Windows 2000 SP4 computer. I have not had any other problems with the computer. Malwarebytes version 1.45 works fine on my other computers that are running Windowx XP SP3. I will use Malwarebytes version 1.44 with an older version of the rules.ref on my Windows 2000 SP4 computer until a solution can be found.

Thanks,

DHH50

• Root Admin

We're looking into the issue with Windows 2K now. Will post back as soon as we find a solution for it. Though everyone needs to be aware that support for Windows 2000 is pretty much non supported by many software companies now days, I know you like it but as time goes on its going to be harder and harder to locate programs and updates for it. We'll try to support it though as long as we can.

Here is our workaround for the 900+ WIN2K pc's that are still in use within our county. I found v1.44 Free on a flash drive. Install that, let it do the upgrade, launch Malwarebytes and upgrade the DAT files to the latest. Works every time. I think the MBAM-SETUP.EXE at the mirror sites has a severe problem.