Cannot set scan time with new version

Have you fully read the 2 pages at this area regarding the setting of your IP module -

If there are issues not covered here please post back -

Thank You - :)

No, I didn't know that was there.

You can hilight the time and change it to any time you like. Then add it. There was not room in this version to include an up/down spinner control but you can select the time via mouse or keyboard and edit it to what you want and then add the new task.

Great! Thank you! That took care of the time problem. Maybe adding that info to the help file would be a good idea.

What about the other problem where it keeps unchecking the ballontips box?

Boofo -

Thank you for the response (many will not respond when an item is fixed) -

AdvancedSetup is going to look at the other issue also - Is it causing a problem or just a pain -

You guys have done too good a job with this program to not be acknowledged when an answer has been given to fix something.

Greetings :rolleyes:

• Please open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Protection tab then click on the Scheduler button.
  • Highlight the scheduled update item you created previously and click Delete
  • Now recreate the scheduled update item as you did before and make sure that Show tooltip balloon after successful update. is checked along with any other options you want enabled.
  • Click the Add button

As the scheduler works now, you cannot edit an existing scheduled task, if you wish to change a setting for an existing scheduled item you will need to remove it and re-create it using the desired options.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue or not.

Thanks ;)

What version of Windows are you running? Are you running the program in an administrator account?

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 and my account is an admin account.

Hello again Boofo :)

Please do the following:

Reset Default Permissions:

• Please download ResetDefaultPerms by AdvancedSetup from here and save it to your desktop
  • Close any open programs and save anything you were working on
  • Double click on restoredefaultperms.exe to run it
  • Once it completes it will restart your computer

Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows XP:

• Click Start and open My Computer
  • Right-click on C: and select Properties
  • Click on the Tools tab
  • Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button
  • Mark the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
  • When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and restart your computer
  • Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do so

Once that's all done, please try setting the scheduler again and let me know if the tooltip setting sticks this time.

I already did the Disk Check before I posted the fisrt time as that was my initial thgought, too, at the time.

What does the "ResetDefaultPerms" file do on a Win XP Pro system exactly?

It resets the permissions on most system and user folders and registry keys to their installation defaults. The reason I'm recommending it is because it's possible that MBAM isn't giving you write permissions to that key for some reason, hence the reason it's not setting the updater properly.