Need assistance with security.hijack please

Hi there!

I was directed to a false positive thread here which has in it that security.hijack is a false positive if found that after updating MBAM to 3917 and receive a clean scan then it was a false positive and not a problem.

MBAM found security.hijack in HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Image File Execution Options\iexplore.exe in my system on March 26th.

I then had MBAM quarantine it.

After reading the thread about the possible false positive, I see I need help in knowing what to do as have no experience in this type of thing.

Do I restore that file that MBAM found and do another full scan to see if comes up clean?

If I do need to restore the file, does it put it back in without the security.hijack at the end as shows in the quarantine list?

Thank you for your help!

Michelle

Greetings Michelle :)

Yes, just open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Quarantine tab and select the security.hijack item and click on Restore and it will be put back the way it was before Malwarebytes' removed it. Then update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and perform a Quick Scan to make sure that you're clean.

If you require anything further please post.