Bought Malwarebytes - now PC stops running

I purchased Malwarebytes last night . I installed it and as soon as I hit "start protection" ALL Quits. Can not open anything in the tray like Trend Micro. MB get stuck also when trying to open it in tray. I had to unplug from wall to turn of PC. Tried it 3 times, install, uninstall. 3d time I installed it, I left the tray alone and just opened some files. After 5 minutes all froze again. So here I am without. I would like to be safe and have it running in the background. I use XP.

I looked at Ignore list and wanted to add Trend Micro, could not.

Also last night when using Scan in MB it found Adware in Registry keys. It is in Quarantine. Should they be deleted or left alone?

Malwarebytes works now the way before I bought it. Just to check files and stuff not running in background. But I can not click on " start protection".

Thank you.

I purchased Malwarebytes last night . I installed it and as soon as I hit "start protection" ALL Quits. Can not open anything in the tray like Trend Micro. MB get stuck also when trying to open it in tray. I had to unplug from wall to turn of PC. Tried it 3 times, install, uninstall. 3d time I installed it, I left the tray alone and just opened some files. After 5 minutes all froze again. So here I am without. I would like to be safe and have it running in the background. I use XP.

I looked at Ignore list and wanted to add Trend Micro, could not.

Also last night when using Scan in MB it found Adware in Registry keys. It is in Quarantine. Should they be deleted or left alone?

Malwarebytes works now the way before I bought it. Just to check files and stuff not running in background. But I can not click on " start protection".

Thank you.

Hello 05Karin, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

Please exclude Malwarebytes from Trend Micro as described here.

Let me know if that does the trick for you :)

Thank you all for answering. Some of those "how to`s" are beyond me, I think. I had already registered the program anyhow. Someone mentioned to wait (in an answer).

In the meantime I messed things up good. I took out MB 3 times and put back in. Even without the " start protection" I could not get mail or get on the Internet more than a minute. All froze. So I tried a system restore to try to get my free version back for scanning things at least. That did not work. I took out MB in "Add and Remove" finally for good., but loads of files are left in Program files. Scared to delete those and mess up PC. .

All I would like now is my FREE version back. And not worry about the paid version, really!.And know which Program files I can delete safely. O, am getting a copy of CD in snail mail also, sigh.

So sorry, thank you for your time.

Karin,

If you'd still like to try to get Malwarebytes working (and it would be a good idea to), please e-mail support@malwarebytes.org and they will be happy to assist you with this issue.

:)

You're welcome!

I don't think its hopeless! I'm sure they'll be able to explain things so that you can understand them.

Malwarebytes is a great program to have protecting your computer, I know I'll never go without it again!

If you are unable to get it to work though, I'm sure you'll be able to get a refund.