Right click scan gives "Malwarebytes is already running"

Have a question tho. I don't know if it's MBAM or not.

I did a complete scan with MBAM and it came up clean. Did a complete scan with avast and it came up clean.

Then, again, MBAM said a suspicious program was trying to start. Not the same install file, but the uninstall file for this program in another directory! Neither of these programs would have even been close to anything I was trying to use at this time. So, MBAM tagged the file as a suspicious program starting, but it had just scanned it and said it was clean.

I submitted the first file MBAM tagged this morning and was responded to that it was a false positive. Updated again and both files are still clean.

So, my question is, for MBAM to tag these files, false positive or not, when MBAM was not running a quick or complete scan, then positively SOMETHING was trying to start these programs? So I would have to be infected with something?

It is just too hard for me to understand.