ip protection

charles1

Hi,

I like using MBAM but i find the ip blocking bubble (it's a big bubble) that keeps popping up, together with a notification sound, very irritating. Some sites i visit aren't blocked but once i'm there the ip blocking bubble keeps popping up constantly. My suggestion would be to make the icon in the tray change colour, instead of the bubble popping up, when an ip is blocked, and right clicking on the icon will show the blocked ip address, which then dissapears when the mouse is moved. There should also be an option to kill the sound.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings charles1 and welcome to Malwarebytes :)

If you wish, you may disable the notifications by using the silentipmode setting as detailed here in the FAQ under where it says Registry Switches for Controlling IP-Blocking.

In the next version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, due for release very soon, these settings will become available in the user interface as well.

If you require anything further please post.

Hi,

I like using MBAM but i find the ip blocking bubble (it's a big bubble) that keeps popping up, together with a notification sound, very irritating. Some sites i visit aren't blocked but once i'm there the ip blocking bubble keeps popping up constantly. My suggestion would be to make the icon in the tray change colour, instead of the bubble popping up, when an ip is blocked, and right clicking on the icon will show the blocked ip address, which then dissapears when the mouse is moved. There should also be an option to kill the sound.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply. I did read the registry bit on silentmode, but how do i know when sites are blocked. How will MBAM notify me? If the enhancement will be completety silent with no notifications at all then maybe the developers should take up my suggestion of changing the colour or appearance of the icon. There's something similar in Zonealarm.

Thanks