Malware Bytes and Mcafee Total Protection Services

Hi all,

I have a customer who has run the licensed version of Malwarebytes on a number of PC's for approx 6-9 months. They run it in conjunction with Mcafee Total Protection Services and have had no issues until now. Approx 3-4 days ago they started having issues with a PC randomly hanging up, which would typically resolve itself within 3-4 minutes. Machine was fully scanned with a few small infections found but even after this the issue was still happening. Removal of Mcafee's resolved the issue but as soon as Mcafee's was re-installed the issue would re-occur. Then noticed it started happening on 2 other machines. At that time i noticed that when the issue occured, the Mcafee On demand scanner was going offline. Looking through the logs, it indicated that Malwarebytes scanning service was scanning the Mcafee processes causing them to go offline. I suspect that something has been updated by one product or the other that is triggering Mcafee as being a possible threat to Malware bytes.

Is anyone aware of this issue or experienced it? Is there a way of excluding folders from Malwarebytes scan? I was not even aware that it did background scans.