MBAM IP or Spybot Host option

Greetings Gravity :)

MBAM's IP Protection will be much more up to date since it's updated more frequently, also, since it does not rely on hostnames, but instead the actual IP address, it can block malicious sites and hosts even when they change their names (which they often do).

As for resources, if your HOSTS file gets large enough and you have the DNS service enabled on your PC, it can be real drain on system resources, but if you have disabled it and use a tool like HostsServer (a component in HostsMan), then it will reduce any lag you get severely from using a HOSTS file of large size.

Personally, I use both, primarily because I don't like ads either, something that Malwarebytes' IP Protection does not block.

I do not use Spybot S&D's HOSTS file as it is not maintained as well as hpHosts and MVPS HOSTS files.

I do use HostsMan to maintain the HOSTS file and HostsServer as a browser speed up proxy and use its logging capability to keep track of the HOSTS file effectiveness with logging the referrer.

Gravity,

I'd be happy to assist you with setting up HostsMan on your machine.

So if you'd like to do so, let me know on here and we can start a new thread on the PC Help forum :)

Gravity,

Okay, sure, just let me know when, if you decide to do it :) I'd be happy to help.

Are you running it already though (HostsMan)? I am just a bit confused by your reply, is all.

Yep, Hostsman up and running. The program has an easy and clear interface :) This is a gem on the www if I may say so :)

Gravity,

Okay, sure, just let me know when, if you decide to do it :) I'd be happy to help.

Are you running it already though (HostsMan)? I am just a bit confused by your reply, is all.

Gravity,

Please try to use the ADD REPLY button in the future :)

Awesome! That's great to hear! Let me know if you have any questions about it.

And I agree, quite a gem! Thanks to Exile I have been using it for quite a while now and I like it very much so :)