Constant Error 730 (0,0)

lavallie

I am a reseller of MBAM. I have many customers who purchased the product and are now calling with the 730 error. As much as I like the product, because it does kill spyware very well, it has become a huge liability to me regarding this error and the eventual need to uninstall and reload it to make it work again.

Coupled with the IP blocking which has a hair-trigger and even was blocking Google.com for a while, I am having trouble maintaining faith that the product is maturing in the right direction.

Lastly, as a reseller you would think we would be able to have a "hotline" to connect with techs directly to work out some of these problems, yet we do not. I have to communicate on this board.

Any help to connect with a live person would greatly appreciated.

Bill Lavallie

Fine Line International

Pine Grove, CA

Hello Mr Lavallie and welcome to Malwarebytes

The most common cause I've seen in the past of repeat 730 errors was due to a false positive on the part of AVG, which as far as I know, has now been corrected.

As for the IP Protection module, it has never blocked Google that I am aware of, but if the user was being redirected, either by a DNS hijack or HOSTS file hijack, then the malicious IP they were being redirected to would certainly be blocked.

With regards to support, you should be able to receive direct assistance via email at corporate@malwarebytes.org

Hello Mr Lavallie and welcome to Malwarebytes

The most common cause I've seen in the past of repeat 730 errors was due to a false positive on the part of AVG, which as far as I know, has now been corrected.

As for the IP Protection module, it has never blocked Google that I am aware of, but if the user was being redirected, either by a DNS hijack or HOSTS file hijack, then the malicious IP they were being redirected to would certainly be blocked.

With regards to support, you should be able to receive direct assistance via email at corporate@malwarebytes.org

Thanks for your reply. Now you need to coonnect the dots for me. How is AVG causing your product to fail? It would seem that this would have been tested, because you have to know that AVG is HUGE in this market. I specifically market AVG and MalwareBytes together as a TOTAL solution for Virus and Spyware.

Now I am finding out this is a bad idea. Can you tell me what in AVG causes your software to 730 out? And explain why if I uninstall MBAM, and re-install it, it then works, at least for a while??

IP Protection is a beautiful idea, but it has, on my computer blocked Googe my own web site on smugmug.com and customers are constantly calling because they can not get into their banking sight. It appears turning of ip protection does not "stick". Once you re-boot it comes back. So I get a customer turn it off because it keeps them from their baniking site, then a couple of days later, here comes another call with the same problem..... you really need to fix that with the ability to enter a known good url and ignore ip protect on that site.

As I stated I sell a descent amout of this product, and the service calls are killing me. I can't charge a customer to fix a product I recommended and installed.

Thanks for your attention.

Bill Lavallie

Fine Line International

• Staff
Thanks for your reply. Now you need to coonnect the dots for me. How is AVG causing your product to fail? It would seem that this would have been tested, because you have to know that AVG is HUGE in this market. I specifically market AVG and MalwareBytes together as a TOTAL solution for Virus and Spyware.

Now I am finding out this is a bad idea. Can you tell me what in AVG causes your software to 730 out? And explain why if I uninstall MBAM, and re-install it, it then works, at least for a while??

IP Protection is a beautiful idea, but it has, on my computer blocked Googe my own web site on smugmug.com and customers are constantly calling because they can not get into their banking sight. It appears turning of ip protection does not "stick". Once you re-boot it comes back. So I get a customer turn it off because it keeps them from their baniking site, then a couple of days later, here comes another call with the same problem..... you really need to fix that with the ability to enter a known good url and ignore ip protect on that site.

As I stated I sell a descent amout of this product, and the service calls are killing me. I can't charge a customer to fix a product I recommended and installed.

Thanks for your attention.

Bill Lavallie

Fine Line International

You need to understand what a false\positive is. It is when AVG identifies one of our files as a threat, this has been an ongoing issue with AVG for very long time now. They can't seem to get it right for very long.

As for IP protection, you need to post in the False\positive forum for those to find out why they're listed.

Additionally, see the link below which contains our FAQ's on this feature for more information:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...t=0#entry107310

You need to understand what a false\positive is. It is when AVG identifies one of our files as a threat, this has been an ongoing issue with AVG for very long time now. They can't seem to get it right for very long.

As for IP protection, you need to post in the False\positive forum for those to find out why they're listed.

Additionally, see the link below which contains our FAQ's on this feature for more information:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...t=0#entry107310

OK then tell me what files I need to bless in AVG to keep this from happening. Right now I have put the entire MBAM directory in the AVG Directory Exclude. Based on what your saying that should do the trick, unless it is hitting a file you placed somewhere else. If so, let me know what directory/file I should add.

As far as IP protect, I am going to have to steer each and every customer to your site. I cannot chase down IP address for each of them. You should put a module in to allow customers to send in a report after a site is rejected and they feel it should not have been rejected. You could then create a data base that could then be used to bot those site and analyze what is happening.

Thanks for the help.

Bill Lavallie

Fine Line Internatinal

• Staff
OK then tell me what files I need to bless in AVG to keep this from happening. Right now I have put the entire MBAM directory in the AVG Directory Exclude. Based on what your saying that should do the trick, unless it is hitting a file you placed somewhere else. If so, let me know what directory/file I should add.

As far as IP protect, I am going to have to steer each and every customer to your site. I cannot chase down IP address for each of them. You should put a module in to allow customers to send in a report after a site is rejected and they feel it should not have been rejected. You could then create a data base that could then be used to bot those site and analyze what is happening.

Thanks for the help.

Bill Lavallie

Fine Line Internatinal

List of files can be found here, section H:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=167851

As to IPs, we do our own research to determine what is added and or excluded or removed. Your users only need to know how to add an IP to ignore and how to report what they feel may be a false\positive.

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 32 bit versions Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Please post back and let us know how it went.

@ lavallie

You will probably have to get help from corporate support. Send them an email and give them your contact info along with your ID: # and Key: # and they will have to help you correct the error.

As a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank you :)

UPDATE.

Just downloaded MBAM 1.45 and installed on the same server that was giving me grief. Just like MAGIC it now works like a charm. I also updated a couple of other problem machines and problems went away.

From what I can see, your programmers got a handle on most of the issues that have been plaguing us for a while. I like the new scheduling tab also. Looks like we can get more bang from the Flash Scan also.

Time will tell but right now it appears to be a lot better.!!

Bill Lavallie :rolleyes:;)