Can I shut off MWB warning popup?

Greetings John, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :unsure:

If you can stand to wait, when version 1.45 comes out, there will be the option for IP blocks to occur silenently (but these of course will still be recorded in your protection log).

If you don't want to wait, please see here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=162100

And scroll down to Registry Switches for Controlling IP-Blocking, and there you will see an option for a silent IP block registry switch.

How often are these IP blocks happening? Do you have any P2P software installed by any chance?

Greetings John, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :unsure:

If you can stand to wait, when version 1.45 comes out, there will be the option for IP blocks to occur silenently (but these of course will still be recorded in your protection log).

If you don't want to wait, please see here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=162100

And scroll down to Registry Switches for Controlling IP-Blocking, and there you will see an option for a silent IP block registry switch.

How often are these IP blocks happening? Do you have any P2P software installed by any chance?

Thanks much for your reply! I will try the registry fix. Not sure what you mean by P2P software--Skype? I have Skype set to receive only messages from contacts ...

Hello John :unsure:

Please use the ADD REPLY button at the bottom of the page in the future when replying :lol:

P2P software, a few examples are Limewire, Vuze, uTorrent...

I don't think that Skype would be setting off IP blocks, but I am not positive on that.

When did you install Skype? When did you get Mbam paid, and when did this start occurring?

Have you had any recent infections that you are aware of?

Here is a Windows installer to create the IP Policy shortcuts.

It basically runs the REG command line tool and sets the registry values or removes them.

Caveats:

1. Only installs on x86 (32 Bit)

2. Only tested on English XP/Vista Operating Systems (may work on non English but preliminary tests indicate it does not work on other languages)

3. Assumes user did not change default installation path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

4. Users on Vista will need to either have UAC disabled (not recommended) or right click on the desired shortcut and chose Run As Admin

5. Reboot is required for most of these changes to function

6. User must have Admin rights to run the installer

If you hover your mouse over the shortcut it also has a tooltip description of what it does.

This will also create an entry in Add/Remove to uninstall the shortcuts when the GUI is updated to support this on it's own which is expected to be released in the next release version of MBAM. download - mbam_ip_policy_shortcuts.zip

Here is a Windows installer to create the IP Policy shortcuts.

It basically runs the REG command line tool and sets the registry values or removes them.

Caveats:

1. Only installs on x86 (32 Bit)

2. Only tested on English XP/Vista Operating Systems (may work on non English but preliminary tests indicate it does not work on other languages)

3. Assumes user did not change default installation path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

4. Users on Vista will need to either have UAC disabled (not recommended) or right click on the desired shortcut and chose Run As Admin

5. Reboot is required for most of these changes to function

6. User must have Admin rights to run the installer

If you hover your mouse over the shortcut it also has a tooltip description of what it does.

This will also create an entry in Add/Remove to uninstall the shortcuts when the GUI is updated to support this on it's own which is expected to be released in the next release version of MBAM. download - mbam_ip_policy_shortcuts.zip

I just download this and installed it , rebooted but I dont see anywhere I can change the policy at to allow th popup other than the original ip scan

John W,

Great, I'm glad the silent IP block is working for you! I am concerned though about what is causing these IP blocks to happen so often...

Was it happening when you had your browser or any other applications open or when you weren't doing anything, or what was the situation?