Blocked Sites - Uninstalled MAM but still blocked

Hi,

I got that Vista Antivirus 2010 thing a few weeks back so got malwarebytes to get rid. As you obviously know..it blocks certain sites(i guess by blocking ips known to have dodgy stuff)..anyway. It appears to have blocked access to rapidshare and megaupload. I cant get on either of them at the moment, asked a few people to see if they could get on it..and they could.

So i uninstalled malwayrebytes..and I still cant get on them.

Is this a problem thats happened before? Or would you say its not the software and something else is blocking them? Any ideas to help me would be great, thanks.

Try This Topic first from our Self Help Area - If you have problems then post back and we can offer other help -

Thank You -

EDIT - Megaupload and Rapidshare are full of this infection - Do not use them please -

Ah sorry, I should've gone further into that first bit..I did actually remove the fake antivirus stuff.

Its just this issue of it blocking me from sites ive used for god knows how long..are the sites themselves full of infections? Or the files that are uploaded onto them full of infections?

Megaupload and Rapidshare are full of this infection - Do not use them please - These sites are FULL of infections -

I can only refer back to this statement - You will continue to get infected if you visit these sites - Where do you think we get most of our enquiries from ?? It is usually people who said "but I was just looking" - That is enough to get a "drive by" infection -

Thank You - :huh:

Yeah its the paid one.

I guess it probably is the IP block, because ive seen that little bubble pop up from time to time.

The thing is, it also blocked stagevu.com..but after I uninstalled the malwarebytes I could get onto that again, but still not the rapidshare or megaupload sites.

So I was left wondering if it was malwarebytes that had actually blocked them, or if something else was going on?

You didn't need to uninstall Malwarebytes :huh: You can temporarily turn off IP blocking by right-clicking on the red & white M tray icon and clicking on IP Protection.

I think you should do a clean-install of Malwarebytes (make sure you have your ID and Key written down first) to see if that may help sort this out... sounds like you may have messed up the installation?

If you are having any problems with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware protection please do the following.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility.

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here.

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via e-mail.

And noknojon is right.. you should really avoid going to and downloading from sites such as the Pirate Bay, rapidshare, mega upload, etc..

Let me know if Malwarebytes is working correctly after doing this.

One more thing, forgot to add:

If you got a bubble saying "Malwarebytes has successfully blocked access to malicious IP (then the #)" then yes, it was Malwarebytes blocking access.

Turning off the IP blocking is not a good idea.

It can be a sign the system has malware or that the sites you are visiting have malware on them.

It is best to investigate why the IP site is appearing on your system.

What noknojon said is valid.

Sorry for this double post..

but having just done a quick google(should've in the first place I suppose!) it looks as though its my ISP who are blocking off loads of sites!

There's threads around about how people using sky broadband cant get onto all sorts of sites at the moment..