delayedstart

what does the delayedstart registry entry do? i have deleted this key from the 9 mbam pro licenses i maintain because it doesn't seem to have any effect. i removed it from one machine first and found mbam is always the last program to load with or without this key, so i removed it from the rest.

i searched the forums for delayedstart and didn't get any result so hopefully this post will add value. i wish all registry key parameters were available as a faq.

thanks - keith

that's what i thought too, until i removed it hoping mbam would load faster, but it didn't make any difference, so there's something else that causes mbam to start delayed even when this key is removed. i like to know how things work and haven't found what causes mbam to load a couple minutes after everything else. it's not this key - and i almost think this key is a dummy key to throw us registry tweakers off the scent :huh:

It would take more time and effort than was ever required to put this in as a "Dummy key" -

Several programs do operate better with this option - Including several Antivirus programs -

It is a legitimate key and will work - Firefox is quite right with this statement -

Thank You - :huh:

EDIT - You must be talking in nanoseconds if you do have this problem - Many do use it -

• Root Admin
that's what i thought too, until i removed it hoping mbam would load faster, but it didn't make any difference, so there's something else that causes mbam to start delayed even when this key is removed. i like to know how things work and haven't found what causes mbam to load a couple minutes after everything else. it's not this key - and i almost think this key is a dummy key to throw us registry tweakers off the scent :lol:

Why do you have 9 Pro Licenses? That is a rather large amount of machines for a home user (even myself :lol: ) If this is a small business then you probably do not have the right licenses.

As for the key, well as you have it spelled it doesn't do anything so keep tweaking :unsure:

Seriously, if you are having an actual issue with the program that you need support on then please contact the Help Desk and they should be able to assist you. If this is a small business then send me a private message with your full contact information and your Cleverbridge order number and I'll have someone in Sales contact you about any required conversions, or if they are the right licensing model then I'll assist you with any support needs you have.