Disable IP Protection !

Hi.

Can i disable Malwarebytes IP Protection permanently?

Anyway at all?

Yes; Use Option 3 as indicated below.

Registry Switches for Controlling IP-Blocking

Create the indicated registry value (labeled as key | value) with the indicated data and reboot to enforce the policies below. All of the values are of type DWORD

In order to create a registry value, open the Registry Editor (Click on Start -> Run -> and type in REGEDIT.EXE)

Browse to the key listed, and then right-click in the right-hand panel and choose New -> DWORD and create one of the listed keys and set the value as shown.

x86 32 Bit Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

1. x64 64 Bit Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malwaresilentipmode

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, the protection module will block and log IPs silently.

2. startipdisabled

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, IP blocking will start disabled on reboot, although it can be enabled subsequently.

3. disableipblocking

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, IP blocking will be permanently disabled (cannot be toggled).

Regards,

Shy

fin97,

Are you actually looking for the IP protection to stay ON but block IP's SILENTLY or are you truly looking to turn it OFF?

Also, are you a paid or free user? Just wondering so I can answer your question better if you are paid, if you are free, please follow ShyWriters directions above mine :huh:

Thank you for your purchase :huh: Excellent choice!

Okay, well in the paid version coming up (its in beta testing currently) you have the option to turn off website blocking without making registry changes, and if you don't want to turn off IP blocking but want a silent block (no bubble popping up to alert you when a site has been blocked) there is an option for that as well from within the program, without having to make registry changes.

Thank you for your purchase :huh: Excellent choice!

Okay, well in the paid version coming up (its in beta testing currently) you have the option to turn off website blocking without making registry changes, and if you don't want to turn off IP blocking but want a silent block (no bubble popping up to alert you when a site has been blocked) there is an option for that as well from within the program, without having to make registry changes.

Ok.Thanks :)

Is the beta avibale?

You're welcome!

You can sign up to be a beta tester here if you'd like:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=218684

Just click the link that RubbeR DuckY gives :huh:

Edit: Never mind, I see that you found it already :)

mountaintree16, you are giving poor advice.

The IP Protection is a good feature of the Paid MBAM and could be a sign of a system infection or just visiting sites that contain malware.

ShyWriter, you will gain edit capability when you have 50 or more posts and become an Honorary Member.

I know its an important part of Mbam, YoKenny1 :unsure:

He or she asked about turning it off if there were sites he/she wanted to go to, and I told him/her how to.

Of course I do not recommend turning off IP protection at all unless absolutely necessary and I should have said so in my post to him/her like I usually do.

I apologize for any confusion.