freeze during scan

• Staff

Greetings Scott and welcome to Malwarebytes :huh:

Please do the following and I'll assist you with fixing this issue:

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here and save it to your desktop.
    • Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you also need to do the following:
      1. Right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Properties
      2. Click on the Compatibility tab
      3. Under Privilege Level check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
      4. Click on Apply then click OK

[*]Double-click Autoruns.exe to run it.

[*]Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.

[*]Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures

[*]Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.

[*]When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.

[*]Right click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder

[*]Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply

• Staff

The only personal info an Autoruns.arn log would contain would be the user name of your Windows user account (used in file paths like C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name Here on XP and C:\Users\Your User Name Here on Vista and 7.

However, if you aren't comfortable with that then zip the log and put it on Rapidshare and send me the download link vie personal message (you'll need to do it this way as regular forum members cannot attach files to personal messages) and I'll download it from there.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Thought I'd chime in here.

We have six workstations running the paid version of MBAM, all on identical XP Pro SP# machines with 4Gb ram and 3.2Ghz Dual Core processors, and all running ESET (NOD32) Smart Security.

We were using 1.45 with no problems at all for months, no conflicts with anything, including the ESET firewall/AV. We had MBAM set to download updates automatically. The program downloaded version 1.46 so I upgraded all machines.

Now all of them hang during a complete scan, but not on a quick scan. The program becomes unresponsive and I have to kill it with task manager.

Uninstalled MBAM and went back to 1.45 without updating the program when it asks, and all is fine again. I download the definition updates but don't allow the program to update to 1.46. Scans now run as they did before - flawlessly.

Just an FYI: Something changed in that version that wasn't there before.