Printer problems

Hi everyone

Is it possible for a printer to get damaged after replacing ink? I just replaced my ink and put it in the second slot. Which I guess only certain ink can go there. After I tried installing it and it sits there an never finished. It shows a print alignment problem, which I had it fix. Then I installed it on my spare computer and the same thing happens. It's been siting like the image shows for close to 20 min.

Hmm well did you put it in crookedly or anything? In my experience sometimes when replacing an ink cartridge the printer will ask me to print a test page in order to align the new ink cartridge and whatever else it needs to do to prepare the printer for the new cartridge :huh:

Have you ever put ink in that second slot BEFORE? Might be for a special ink cartridge type or something else entirely.

Strange ... Have you tried rebooting the computer :) ? Glad to help.

No, I tried some of the diagnostics with the lexmark service center. Ended up unplugging it for 10 seconds. Not sure if that's what did it. But still don't understand why installation hung, which hasn't happened before. :huh:

No, I tried some of the diagnostics with the lexmark service center. Ended up unplugging it for 10 seconds. Not sure if that's what did it. But still don't understand why installation hung, which hasn't happened before. :)

I recently did a clean install of windows, just to see if something on there was the problem. Not sure what caused it, but it did install successfully without installation hanging at the end. Now its back to normal as far as I know. :) Thanks to everyone who tried to help. :huh:

Wow, so you totally re-did your system? hehe.

Glad the problem is fixed though, and I am sorry I wasn't of more help :huh:

No problem. I wasn't sure exactly what was happening my self. :) At first thought I completely disrupted the communication between the printer and the computer, as it stalled when it was configuring the printer. But at least it's fixed. Something's are better left a mystery, then solved. :)