Redirecting and can't update

This past week, my daughter's netbook started acting up. All webpages were redirected to some nonsense pages. Ran Malware and three items discovered and fixed. Ran Firefox again and some pages were still being redirected. Decided to run windows update, cause kid never does it on her own, and I keep getting a try again messgae.

DD says she heard her computer ticking and then a screen came up saying something about a time machine before the screen went blank the last time she used it. Anyway I have run Malware a few times again and nothing comes up wrong. Have this stupid Verizon security suite that doesn't seem to be doing any good, it was unable to remove the problems Malware did find. I did have to start malware by changing to mbam.com.

What now? Although she can use Firefox some pages are still redirecting so there is obviously something there but I don't know how to fix it. Last time she had a virus which wouldn't let the computer turn on, I retrieved the important files through my laptop and the just reset hers with the original disks. Don't really want to go that far since the computer does start up and run other programs just fine.

Thanks for your help.

Oh and can someone tell me what the upgraded version of malware does. Can it protect better than Verizon Mcafee

Hi ibislup and welcome to malwarebytes'!

Seems you are infected. Follow these directions to start the removal process. By any chance is there something named Comodo Time Machine installed? Also Malwarebytes' is not an anti-virus, so you still need one. Something like Avast! or Microsoft Security Essentials do well. If you do install Microsoft Security Essentials make sure to take a look here. Malwarebytes conflicts on xp with MSE, but it's easily avoidable. Also if you do have vista/7 I still recommend you exclude it.

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.