10/01/2010 15:19 <DIR> .
10/01/2010 15:19 <DIR> ..
09/01/2010 18:14 129 desktop.ini
1 bestand(en) 129 bytes

Totaal aantal weergegeven bestanden:
23 bestand(en) 16.842 bytes
2792987 map(pen) 450.120.953.856 bytes beschikbaar

D:\$Recycle.Bin>

(attachment = file.txt) I selected all , and cut it from cmd, but it doesn't give all :s

file.txt

Textfile.txt

• Root Admin

Well aside form some empty folders in the Recycle Bin there are not any files showing.

Have you run a FULL disk check on the drive?

From the same Administrator DOS prompt you can type the following and press the ENTER key and when asked if you want to run the check on reboot press Y and then restart the computer. It should run a disk check for a while.

CHKDSK D: /R

Then after the disk check and the system starts back up again check on your disk space and let us know if you're still having issues.

I did the disk check , I took a while but i have still the problem.

But i have bigger problems than those maps right now.

Like bitdefender who is deleting my whole pc , he even deleted MBAM, and other things in my windows map :huh: all Trojan fake alert 5.

But I added all of them to the ignore list and have ran a scan with MBAm , MSE , Bitdefender and none of them find something.

There is currently an issue with Bitdefender on 64 bit systems. Please see this topic for details.

As for your Recycle Bin issues, you might try right-clicking the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop, selecting Properties, then adjusting the slider for the percentage of space used on your D: drive and then rebooting. Once that's done you can turn it back up and the excess files that were there will hopefully be gone.

Sorry, it was worth a shot. I'm sure AdvancedSetup will have more for you when he returns, he's much better at this sort of stuff :huh:. It was just an idea I had to try.

You could also try a tool like SpaceMonger. The latest free version (that I can confirm works perfectly on x64 systems as I use it on Vista x64 myself) is 1.4 which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. It may give you a clearer view of the occupied space on your drive.

• Root Admin

Can you open your "COMPUTER" and post a screen shot. I know that Windows 7 now manages mapped drives differently than they used to but we should only be scanning physical drives.

Normally you could run a NET USE command from DOS and it would show all your mappings but not in Windows 7 - the network redirector does it differently now.

Can you run a FULL scan again and post back the log from MBAM when its done.

• Root Admin

Please run the following

Update your Java. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 18 and save it to your desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says JDK 6 Update 18 (JDK or JRE)
  • Click the Download JRE button to the right
  • Select the Windows platform from the dropdown menu.
  • Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6u18 with JavaFX 1 License Agreement". Click on Continue.The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add or Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE or Java™ 6) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u18-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.

• After the install is complete, go into the Control Panel (using Classic View) and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup)
    • On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
    • Next, click on the Delete Files button
    • There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
        Applications and Applets
        Trace and Log Files

[*]Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window

Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.

[*]Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window

[*]Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.

What we need to do now is run this online scan to search for any remnants. It can take several hours, so please be patient and allow it to run it's full course.

Establish an internet connection & perform an online scan with Firefox or Internet Explorer at Kaspersky Online Scanner

**Note**

To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:

• Close any open programs
  • Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan.

Click Accept, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.

• Click Run at the Security prompt.
  • The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database.
  • Please be patient as this can take several minutes.
  • Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
  • Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
  • Click View scan report at the bottom.
  • Click the Save Report As... button.
  • Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply.

• Root Admin

Okay, make sure you have your data backed up and let's try the following.

Start a new DOS command prompt and type in the following - press the Enter key after each line.

D:

CD\

CD D:\$Recycle.Bin

Your prompt should now show D:\$Recycle.Bin> if it does not then DO NOT continue. If it does then run the following.

RD D:\$Recycle.Bin /Q /S

That should remove all files and folders that are contained within the D:\$Recycle.Bin folder. Then launch your tool and check your space again.

• Root Admin

It contains GUID from each user profile. It is my experience though that it will recreate any required and the Recycle Bin will continue to functions for other accounts.

If you want you can copy them to a text file and save them to manually recreate if needed.

D:

CD\

CD $Recycle.Bin

MD D:\TEMP

DIR /S /A >D:\TEMP\RecyclebinFolderNames.txt

Then open D:\TEMP\RecyclebinFolderNames.txt with Notepad and you should see everything that is contained in the Recycle Bin.