ISP Speed & IP Protection

I have a 3 month old Vista 64 Bit machine with 6G memory. I installed the free copy of malaware initially, but only recently paid for the full version, and activated IP Protection. I started to notice my speed drop.

My ISP delivers speeds up to 100Mbps download and 15Mbps upload.

With IP Protection off my download speed is 92-97.

With the IP Protection on, my download speed is 30Mbps.

Clearly, there is an issue here. Granted, the protection is great, but reducing download speed by 1/3rd??

Can you folks at MAB address this?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

They are addressing this for the 1.45 release...

Will it be a solution to regain ALL Spead, or an improvement to limit loss to a bare minimum? I surely understand, some speed concession is acceptable to insure unwanted garbage infecting our systems.

Projected release date?

• Root Admin

No this is not being addressed in 1.45 - currently some machines do experience this slow down and we have not been able to determine yet why some experience it and others do not. If you are experiencing this issue then you can either temporarily or permanently disable the IP blocker.

Please see this FAQ article to see how to change the settings.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...mp;#entry162100

No this is not being addressed in 1.45 - currently some machines do experience this slow down and we have not been able to determine yet why some experience it and others do not. If you are experiencing this issue then you can either temporarily or permanently disable the IP blocker.

Please see this FAQ article to see how to change the settings.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...mp;#entry162100

Thank you for this. I am not sure what you are suggesting. I DO NOT want to DISABLE IP Protection.

I am not adverse to trying other things. The link you sent covers many different situations. (Please remember I am running Vista 64 and use MS Security Essentials only with Malawarebytes)

Would you mind cutting and pasting here what you would like for ME to try to do?

Hello Ray,

At this time we do not have anything for you to test. We have seen the issue and can duplicate it and at this time we do not have a fix for it.

Thank you.

Not very Positive, I must say. Can you instruct me on procedure to obtain a refund?

Can anyone out there offer another piece of trustworthy software that can do a close enough job without the "baggage"?

This problem must have cost Virgin a fortune in engineers time & to be frank your attitude to this issue is deplorable.

Agreed. Seems people have been compaining about this issue for quite some time. Its a great proactive mechanism, but I STILL dont understand the attitude!

With soo many complains, I cannot see why this isnt on their top 3 things to do on their next software revision.

Beats the crap outta me!

Agreed. Seems people have been compaining about this issue for quite some time. Its a great proactive mechanism, but I STILL dont understand the attitude!

With soo many complains, I cannot see why this isnt on their top 3 things to do on their next software revision.

Beats the crap outta me!

If this were to happen more often, then it would be taken into importance. Right now we are very busy with the upcoming release of 1.45 .

If this were to happen more often, then it would be taken into importance. Right now we are very busy with the upcoming release of 1.45 .

Perhaps this issue is found by many but have not yet discovered that Malwarebytes is the problem as it appears as a network throttling issue rather than a software issue. As far as I am concerned & with being a lurker on this forum with other issues, a course on customer service & treating customers with respect might help you as you have lost one customer & I intend to post this information on every forum I am a member of as I feel this issue affects more people than you in your ivory tower think. If I treated my customers the way Malwarebytes do I would soon be sitting at home more. BTW I wont be using 1.45!

Excuse ME! Might you think that many, less computer literate people, may not even realize that IP Protector drops their download spead to 1/3rd of their capability?

If several, which is evidenced here, report this as a known problem, have you people at Malawarebytes a conscience?

This is a problem, PERIOD. As important as your current upgrades, this should be on the top 3 as well. Your team has admitted duplicating the problem IN YOUR OWN OFFICES, WITH YOUR OWN COMPUTERS.

How much more evidence of a problem needing a fix do you need? Perhaps when EVERY paid subsriber demands a refund and you lose 40% of your revenue, you'll wake up.

Excuse ME! Might you think that many, less computer literate people, may not even realize that IP Protector drops their download spead to 1/3rd of their capability?

If several, which is evidenced here, report this as a known problem, have you people at Malawarebytes a conscience?

This is a problem, PERIOD. As important as your current upgrades, this should be on the top 3 as well. Your team has admitted duplicating the problem IN YOUR OWN OFFICES, WITH YOUR OWN COMPUTERS.

How much more evidence of a problem needing a fix do you need? Perhaps when EVERY paid subsriber demands a refund and you lose 40% of your revenue, you'll wake up.

Malwarebytes' is a small company compared to Symantic or McAfee and don't have as much resources. Things cannot happen as fast as you wish. With the constant updates and malware research, it will take some time. There isn't one individual on the top priority list. So please be patient.

Malwarebytes' is a small company compared to Symantic or McAfee and don't have as much resources. Things cannot happen as fast as you wish. With the constant updates and malware research, it will take some time. There isn't one individual on the top property list. So please be patient.

IF YOU WOULD HONESTLY TELL ME THAT IT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU WILL ADDRESS SHORTLY, I WILL BE PATIENT.

However, that other rep from your firm, who addressed me, had a REAL BAD attitude and exemplified a WE DONT REALLY CARE attitude, which is a tough one to swallow, when clients fork over their hard earned money for a product.

I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO STATE YOUR COMPANY'S OFFICIAL POSITION ON WHETHER YOU WILL OR WON'T ADDRESS THIS ISSUE ON UPCOMING RELEASES/

IF YOU WOULD HONESTLY TELL ME THAT IT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU WILL ADDRESS SHORTLY, I WILL BE PATIENT.

However, that other rep from your firm, who addressed me, had a REAL BAD attitude and exemplified a WE DONT REALLY CARE attitude, which is a tough one to swallow, when clients fork over their hard earned money for a product.

I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO STATE YOUR COMPANY'S OFFICIAL POSITION ON WHETHER YOU WILL OR WON'T ADDRESS THIS ISSUE ON UPCOMING RELEASES/

Actually I am a forum member/customer. I have no relation to malwarebytes' in anyway. But seriously do think just by demanding something your actually going to get it?

Actually I am a forum member/customer. I have no relation to malwarebytes' in anyway. But seriously do think just by demanding something your actually going to get it?

There is power in masses, when the masses affect the company's $$bottom line$$.

When there is a mass request for refunds, or credit card reversals "en mas", you tell me what you think?

This post was started as simply informative as is my post. It's the 'We don't care we have other fish to fry/bad luck get a refund' attitude that has caused bad feeling.

A few weeks ago I pointed out to the Chinese company 'Wise' that Malwarebytes were blocking their IP. They were not a malicious site, but sites hosted by the same company were. The reply's on this site to a person who was struggling to write English (Mandarin Chinese is by far the most widely spoken language) were to say the least curt & to be honestly frank rude. Which surprised me somewhat because of this I privately helped them (Wise FOC) out with English & so they could understand the blunt replies.

The attitude of 'helpers' on this site is enough for me to desist using Malwarebytes software & to stop any further recommendation until Malwarebytes helpers get a civil tongue in their heads. Any inflammation as I see it has been caused in this thread at least not by the original posters but by Malwarebytes helpers. I think as time passes this 'slowdown' issue is bigger than you helpers realise.

It has caused me some headaches & Virgin Media too who will in two days get a registered post letter referring to this issue & a link to this site. I suppose this post is sufficient to get me banned, but to be honest I really don't want to be associated with such rude & uncaring people anyway, so i wont be posting again.

Paul

UK

I don't think you really want to know what most of us think.. (100Mbps.. 30 Mbps.. mutter.. mutter.. grumble.. :) )

I suggest everyone who reads this string, test your internet speeds. Test with IP Protection On and Off.

I also suggest anyone who is dissatisfied or satisfied with this IP Protection impact to download speeds make it known here and add to this string.

If enough people show their disgust and are willing to ask for refunds, I want to see what the company's attitude will be.

A few weeks ago I pointed out to the Chinese company 'Wise' that Malwarebytes were blocking their IP.

WISE is a different situation - Their company will not co-operate with Most other organisations - I am personally working with another member on a system to remove this problem - So far They will not assist us but we are still continuing with our work -

Thank You for Your Input - :)

EDIT - @ Ray C - There is a known issue with some users and we will never take money from any people who are not fully satisfied - If this version will not suit your needs, then, you are always able to use the free version - (as millions of people do) -

Again Thank You - :)

It is known, Ray, and is being worked on.

I personally am not having any issues with it, though.

Also, I personally don't think that's enough reason to want a refund and not have this excellent protection anymore.

If turning off the IP blocker temporarily fixes the downloading speed issue, having the protection even without the IP blocking is a great thing to have.

Edit: You can seek a refund though, via the email address that AdvancedSetup provided to you.

IP protection on:

Download Speed: 848 kbps (106 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 411 kbps (51.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 47 ms

Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:44:02 PM

IP Protection off:

Download Speed: 782 kbps (97.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 410 kbps (51.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 44 ms

Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:46:02 PM

As you can see I don't have access to these 100MB's connections like you city folk do.....but as you can see no difference here...