Malwarebytes and Netflix

When I have IP Protection on the movies I stream from Netflix is very choppy, but when I turn off IP Protection the Netflix movies will play just fine.

If anyone else has Malwarebytes and has a issue with streaming movies from Netflix turn off your IP Protection at lease until you are done watching your movie(s).

Hey, just wondering when this started for you?

I haven't had any issues in the last week streaming movies.

I'll try later though and see if I do have any issues, as I haven't streamed in a couple of days.

Edit: Works fine for me, I suspect you're on Vista or 7? I'm on XP.

I don't use Netflix but I do use YouTube a lot and do not have a problem on my XP Pro nor Windows 7 systems.

Good example are these series of YouTube videos:

Phantom of the Opera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1zMxbhOO0

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is old, but it's still relevent, and it popped up in Google, so others might need it or find it, too.

I was getting horrible video playback after upgrading from Vista to Win7. It happened a little in Youtube at 1080p, but it was most noticeable in Netflix. Videos looked almost like a slideshow, and the audio was super studdery and choppy. In fact, the mouse cursor movement was even choppy. Task Manager didn't show high CPU usage though ... ? So I spent 4 or 5 hours trying all kinds of things. I thought it was the video card, the video card driver, the video codec, hardware acceleration, Silverlight, Windows 7, Aero theme, multiple monitors. I just arrived at my answer -- I turn off Malwarebytes and the video plays perfectly.

It's a pretty beefy computer with an i7 CPU, 12 Gigs Ram, 2 nVidia 9600 video cards, but Netflix was pretty unwatchable. Now it's perfect with MB off.

Is there a way to exclude Youtube/Netflix/Silverlight/videos from MB? I don't want to turn MB off, but I want to watch videos.

• Root Admin

You could probably use some computer clean up. I'm writing this reply on Windows 7 Pro while watching and listening to an HD Music Video on Youtube as well as running a movie on Netflix and I'm also doing a Quick Scan (aside from the audio stepping on each other there is no lag or drop whatsoever for me)

CPU use is at 12% while all of this is going on and I don't notice any lag or audio skips.

If you want further assistance please create a new topic in the General forum or the PC Help forum and post back the following logs.

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.