Sign in to follow this  
DaChew

system restore

My system restore has been disabled for 2 1/2 years

I ran this program this morning and it took forever to load, this evening i found system restore turned on?

what the heck?

Which program enabled system restore?

nothing has ever turned it on before, I have never run combo fix even as a scanner, I did run sdfix and vundofix a few weeks back, but when I opened system restore to try to help someone that had a blank window I saw I had a single restore point

from early yesterday morning, when I downloaded and installed startuplite it took forever to open and run, the extra time was

just enough for windows set a restore point

I will have to investigate, my system partition is so small it may be only able to hold 1 restore point and it's been on for weeks???????????????

I think it triggered something, I had a nasty rootkit a while back and never ran a repair disk, I have played with system restore and it seems to create a check point, yesterday I had none, just a single standard restore point.

Like I said, the startup code for StartUpLite is only to count the Run keys. No other code exists in that section, especially not to start system restore.

Like I said, the startup code for StartUpLite is only to count the Run keys. No other code exists in that section, especially not to start system restore.

yes I realize that, something else may not have liked you looking at those keys, after reviewing several logs I ran another tool and it found a few remanants of the rootkit, this all goes back to march 26

this glitch was a red flag, thanks Marcin