Computer infected!

Hi,

I had some trojans on my computer a few weeks ago, and all the programs used to fix them said they are now gone. However, the day before yesterday my computer started going ridiculously slow all of a sudden. Just simple things like minimising a page etc, and am now wondering if I am infected with something else my usual programs aren't picking up. Really don't want to end up with the blue screen of death yet again.

Malware bytes says I am not infected with anything, nor AVG or Spyware Doctor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vick

If it helps any, it's almost as if the computer doesn't want to load properly. When I click on something, it says (not responsding) even if that is the only thing running/thing I'm doing, and where it would normally be whizzing, and loading, 'loading' the light flashing on front of computer, it does nothing.

• Staff

Hi,

Please post logs directly into your reply instead of attaching them.

Please visit this webpage for instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

• When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new DDS log so we may continue cleaning the system.

-screen317

• Staff

Hi,

Let's try running it a different way.

Grab a fresh copy, then rename it to VickG.com

Save it to your Desktop but do not run it yet.

Navigate to Start --> Run, and enter this command:

"%userprofile%\desktop\VickG.com" /killall

Press Enter. See if it will run now. If it takes more than an hour, abort it and let me know.

-screen317

• Staff

Hi,

My apologies for the delay.

Next, please use the Internet Explorer browser and click here to use the F-Secure Online Scanner.

• Click Start Scanning.
  • You should get a notification bar (on top) to install the ActiveX control.
  • Click on it and select to install the ActiveX.
  • Once the ActiveX is installed, you should accept the License terms by clicking OK below to start the scan.
  • In case you are having problems with installing the ActiveX/starting the scan, please read here.
  • Click the Full System Scan button.
  • It will start to download scanner components and databases. This can take a while.
  • The main scan will start.
  • Once the scan has finished scanning, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button
  • It could be possible that your firewall gives an alert - allow it, because that's a connection you establish to submit infected files to F-Secure.
  • The cleaning can take a while, so please be patient.
  • Then click the Show report button and Copy/Paste what is present under results in your next reply.

Next, download my Security Check from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Let me know how things are running now and what issues remain.

-screen317

Hi,

The F-Secure scan has been stuck on 45% for the past 6 hours, and my computer's 'loading' light has been on solid for the whole time the scan has been on. I know it says it will take several hours to scan, but I don't think it should be this long. Is there anything else I can run?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi,

Try this scan instead.

Please scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

• Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the esetOnline.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on esetSmartInstall.png to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your Desktop.
    • Double click on the esetSmartInstallDesktopIcon.png icon on your Desktop.

[*]Check esetAcceptTerms.png

[*]Click the esetStart.png button.

[*]Accept any security warnings from your browser.

[*]Check esetScanArchives.png

[*]Push the Start button.

[*]ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.

[*]When the scan completes, push esetListThreats.png

[*]Push esetExport.png, and save the file to your Desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.

[*]Push the esetBack.png button.

[*]Push esetFinish.png

-screen317

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!