Windows XP Kaspersky Mbam Freeze

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although This article refers to KIS 2010 - I assume that for KAV that the process is the same , or at least very similar - MBAM researches to get the most helpful details from the Antivirus Companies to assist with solving conflicts -

This article is from KAV 2010 item #1614 regarding exclusions for KAV - I hope this helps -

Did you fully follow through with the article I posted on Page 1/Post #11 that listed the KAV not KIS exclusions-

Did you fully follow through with the article I posted on Page 1/Post #11 that listed the KAV not KIS exclusions listings area - There was no response to it -

Sorry yes I have done that. Let's close this post as the answer I want , no one will give me as everyone is waltzing around what I want to know and trying to waste my time with things I have already tried. I really have no more time to try these fixes. As I have already explained I would never install a program on a client pc that I would have spend all that time allowing exclusions anyway as the programs clearly are not meant to play together and I fail to believe that no one here knows the issues exist. Sorry I just won't believe it as 3 techs I work with have all had the exact same issue on more than one pc. And as I said programs I install in client units will not freeze systems and cause them to have to shut off the power to remedy. Even if a registry fix or exclusion list would fix it, that is not what should be done with client user pc's anyway. It should be no different than if they went to a store and bought 2 programs and installed them.

Either no one here wants to tell me what I believe is true on product development, or you all don't know. Why not just admit that? I would. Someone somewhere at Mbam knows the answer and any other company would give a reseller new betas to see whether or not they help. Sas has done that with me many times when issues occurred. I have been trying to get to 50 posts, but someone here is preventing me from doing that, so that I can run the beta I know is there for anyone with over 50 posts and answer my own question and someone here is stopping me from even doing that.

I stand corrected.

After updating my version, which I had not realized before was not totally up to date, I am now at 9.0.0.736.

I have (and have had) Mbam's executables excluded as well in Kaspersky.

Opened up my browser just fine with no freezing.

Just posting some results here:

This all of course after updating my KAV to the most recent version, which my most recent post in this thread states.

I just uninstalled my Mbam Beta, cleaned it up.

Did a clean install of 1.44. Re-registered. Rebooted.

None of my three browsers froze upon opening.

As I mention to you Rich, on my son's computer has the same set up as you. And there's no problems with 1.45. Glad to see you here and a Honorary Members now....... :)

Glad to be here Kenny. Getting answers around here can be as tough as pulling teeth but that doesn't mean we have to lay down and die either. That has never been anything I was good at! I love the product and have the faith in it and that has to be the most important thing, not the personal stuff!