Start up issue after removing Antivirus XP 2010

Hi all,

Long time malwarebytes ( free ) user, first time poster, I hope I have posted this question in the correct forum.

Last night malwarebytes managed to get rid of Antivirus XP 2010 on my friends computer ( althought I had to download and run 'rkill' because malwarebytes would not run, even after renaming the .exe file )

He's on Windows XP Home and he didn't click on anything to install this rogue software.

Everything seemed fine with it after numerous restarts and rescans with malwarebytes, ad-aware and avg free.

He used it for a while last night and it was running fine. This morning when he started up his computer a window came up saying,

RUNDLL Error Loading C:\windows\umosaqith.dll The specific module could not be found.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this error please?

Regards, Chris.

Hi.

That file is from the same infection. I am mirroring the other post you made: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cf...7&forumid=1

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.