Error 707

One of the users on MyCity forums has an interesting issue...

When he tries to start MBAM using the Desktop shortcut, he gets: Error code: 707 (3).

The help file is quite clear about that (reinstall the app), but...

The user can start MBAM by double clicking mbam.exe in C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Root Admin

It could be an incorrect shortcut maybe. Try right click and drag the MBAM.EXE to the desktop and let go and the menu should popup and ask what you want to do, then select CREATE SHORTCUT HERE

Then try that shortcut and see if it works or not.

One of the users on MyCity forums has an interesting issue...

When he tries to start MBAM using the Desktop shortcut, he gets: Error code: 707 (3).

The help file is quite clear about that (reinstall the app), but...

The user can start MBAM by double clicking mbam.exe in C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder without any problems.

Is it just me, or that's weird? :P

This started happening after the last program update.

• Root Admin

Hi Bora,

I'm not saying this will fix it or not. Just curious if it does.

I am not able to duplicate your issue so curious how or why it happened.

There are a few programs I've run into that require an updated icon and can not run from an old one that you've copied from another location even though they appear correct.

Have you tried an uninstall, reboot, download a fresh copy, install and see if you get the same error?

Maybe...

But incorrect shortcut should not cause internal errors in MBAM.

I'm not saying this will fix it or not. Just curious if it does.

I am not able to duplicate your issue so curious how or why it happened.

Don't get me wrong - your effort/time for writing the suggestion is appreciated. :angry:

I'm just thinking out loud - I'm also curious how or why it happened (can't see any reasonable explanation).

The user

• 1 year later...

@ dr Bora -

Do you reboot after uninstall (from Add/Remove) when you try to fix the problem - A reboot is usually required to ensure you are starting 'clean' again -

The reinstall shortcut should be the new one then - I have seen some try to reinstall over the old one without a reboot (after just deleting it) - :blink:

Or do not put a shortcut directly on the desktop when asked, but create it by right click on the item in programs and then send to desktop -

Then depending on the A/V being used you may need to make a few minor exclusions to allow MBAM to run - :( These are listed or AdvancedSetup can supply them - There is a list of "700" codes at the top of this area that may help -

Just my observations of others with 'similar' problems on this forum - MBAM is a much larger program than earlier versions and may require you to assist it, in sync with your A/Virus these days - ;)