Installation problem. Error 339: vbalsgrid6.ocx

scotthut

Without knowing which things posted on the forum you have already tried, it is difficult to know what to advise you to do next. However, this problem can be related to a malware infection.

So, if you think you may be infected with malware, please print out, read and follow the directions here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

Try to complete all the steps, but you can skip any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

If your computer is un-bootable, just post a description of the problems you are having there.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

• Root Admin

Please enable hidden files and folders.

1. Click the round blue Start thing in the left corner

2. Click Control Panel

3. Click Folder Options

4. Click the View tab

5. Click Show hidden files and folders

6. If you want to see system files as well, unclick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)

7. Click OK

Then search for this file: REGSVR32.EXE and let us know if you find it or not.

Please enable hidden files and folders.

1. Click the round blue Start thing in the left corner

2. Click Control Panel

3. Click Folder Options

4. Click the View tab

5. Click Show hidden files and folders

6. If you want to see system files as well, unclick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)

7. Click OK

Then search for this file: REGSVR32.EXE and let us know if you find it or not.

It is present in C\Windows\System32.

Greetings scotthut :lol:

Please try the following to see if it corrects the issue:

For 32 Bit Versions of Windows:

• Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"
    regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"
    regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"

• Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file MBAM Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it on XP. For Vista please right click on it and choose Run As Administrator
  • Click OK to each of the 3 dialog boxes that should show a success message for each file registered
  • If you get an error that REGSVR32 "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file", then ensure that the file REGSVR32.EXE exists in the %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32 folder. If it's not found there you can copy if from another Computer running the same operating system and service pack level.

For 64 Bit Versions of Windows:

• Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"
    regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"
    regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"

• Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file MBAM Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it on XP. For Vista please right click on it and choose Run As Administrator
  • Click OK to each of the 3 dialog boxes that should show a success message for each file registered
  • If you get an error that REGSVR32 "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file", then ensure that the file REGSVR32.EXE exists in the %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32 folder. If it's not found there you can copy if from another Computer running the same operating system and service pack level.

If that doesn't fix it then please download and install the Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0 from here to see if it helps.

Please let me know how it goes.

Without knowing which things posted on the forum you have already tried, it is difficult to know what to advise you to do next. However, this problem can be related to a malware infection.

So, if you think you may be infected with malware, please print out, read and follow the directions here:

Try to complete all the steps, but you can skip any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here:

If your computer is un-bootable, just post a description of the problems you are having there.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

I've run McAfee, Spybot and AdAware and nothing has been found. My PC has been runnings a bit slower than usual though but I put this down to Windows updates.

Off to work now but I shall look through the links posted tonight.

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Same error...

qn4izq.jpg

:-(

Whilst I was running GMER my PC crashed to the blue screen a few times before I could get it to finish the scan. Starting to think there is something serious wrong now.

I've posted the requested logs on a new thread in the HijackThis Logs forum as requested.

There are a few more things you could try.

(1) Uninstall Malwarebytes, then boot into Safe Mode and try to install Malwarebytes again. If it does install properly in Safe Mode, make sure you boot back into normal mode before updating Malwarebytes and running a Quick scan.

(2) Try to individually register those three files directly from an Elevated Command Prompt.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/181765-e...and-prompt.html

Just paste one line at a time at the command prompt and click Enter after each one.

(3) Completely turn off UAC and then try to register the three files. Then turn on UAC again afterwards. But, if you suspect any kind of malware infection, I would not recommend completely turning off UAC until your computer has been declared malware free by an expert in the HJT forum.

There are a few more things you could try.

(1) Uninstall Malwarebytes, then boot into Safe Mode and try to install Malwarebytes again. If it does install properly in Safe Mode, make sure you boot back into normal mode before updating Malwarebytes and running a Quick scan.

(2) Try to individually register those three files directly from an Elevated Command Prompt.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/181765-e...and-prompt.html

Just paste one line at a time at the command prompt and click Enter after each one.

(3) Completely turn off UAC and then try to register the three files. Then turn on UAC again afterwards. But, if you suspect any kind of malware infection, I would not recommend completely turning off UAC until your computer has been declared malware free by an expert in the HJT forum.

Hi, tried all three with no success. Keep getting the same error messages shown above.

• Root Admin

Well its also quite possible then that you're either infected or the system has damage to it already.

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.