What to do?

RedDawn

Hi,

I'm not sure what to do as I've never had any sort or infection before. Last night I got a result during a quick scan and I'm not sure if its a false positive or not. I would be very gratful if you could advise me on what to do next.

Thanks so much for any help. :P

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11

Database version: 636

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 33211

Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 2 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 1

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tencent (Adware.Agent) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Hi RedDawn and welcome to Malwarebytes. I think you may benefit from following the directions here http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936 and starting your own topic in that forum also. We will leave this one here for the MBAM team to reply to also. Then get started on the items that will help them to determine what is the problem.

Hi RedDawn and welcome to Malwarebytes. I think you may benefit from following the directions here http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936 and starting your own topic in that forum also. We will leave this one here for the MBAM team to reply to also. Then get started on the items that will help them to determine what is the problem.

Hi Jean,

Thanks so much for your reply. I've read the instructions in the link you provided and will post a HJT log shortly. I will also supply the other scan results required, although I use Vista Prem, and I'm not sure Panda's Activescan is compatible. I usually use Eset or F-secure online scans if one of those will be ok. Please let me know if you have a preference.

Thanks again. :P

I don't know why Panda wouldn't be compatible? The point of an online AV scan is to get a second opinion so to speak, from a program that has not been exposed to possible compromise from any malware. I am more familiar with the Panda. So that is what I ask for. I might not be the one that helps you though. What ever AV scan you can get to work independent of your system will work. Kaspersky's has one too.

A very interesting question!!

I had the same result and I deleted this registry keys infected. Later I had restored this infection from the "Quarantine Section" of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and the results (after a quick/full run scan) were the same: no infection. What does it mean?

Roland.

Below the results:

Before:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11

Versioni i baz

Hi Jean,

I've posted the MBAM, Panda Activescan and HJT logs you requested.

If it helps, the Reg key seems to have been marked as infected during the Heuristics part of the MBAM scan.

I've also run a full scan with SAS and F-secure online scanner, all results clear.

Thanks for any help. :P