[SPLIT] Dunchan1

Hi Sorry to intrude, but I have the EXACT same problem today. whatever virus it is is rerouting almost all inquiries to the "OPEN WITH' window. I was able to follow your instruction here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...mp;#entry193288

Did download and run the program from here BUT was unable to use the UPDATE feature. It gave this error with a note to report it to your team. 732(12029,0) I ran the scanner anyway and it found 21 items and said it fixed them except for 1. It made a mbam-log but I can't find the txt file.

I restarted the computer and the 'OPEN WITH' override is still overriding the operating system. I wanted you to have the errorcode above Thanks.

Your post intruded on another member's thread, which is not allowed in the Malware Removal - HijackThis forum.

I have split off your post to here.

What version & edition of Windows is this?

For Windows XP systems only:

Download >> this reg file <<

and save it to your system. Right-click on it and then select Merge

Now, you will be able once more to run exe programs.

This is for Vista system only - to restore the EXE file association

Go to >> this page <<

Scroll down to (orange colored) attachments section

then download and save the file named exefix_cu.reg

Once saved, then RIGHT-Click on the file and then select Merge

Please be very aware that often this type of problem is a symptom of a serious malware infection. That is to say, there will be malwares still on your system that need to be removed.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

Do as much as possible of the preliminaries (like getting and running DDS and GMER scans)

then follow the intructions,

posting copies of contents of logs from DDS & Gmer.

Put your replies here in this thread. Do NOT use the attach option feature.

Always Copy & Paste contents of logs into the main body of reply-text-box.