AntiVirus Vista 2010

Hi,

I am using using Windows Vista OS and I dont know how this *AntiVirus Vista 2010* got installed on my machine. Its a nightmare working on the machine and desperately trying to get rid of it.

Online forums suggested to download MBAM utility which I downloaded. Unfortunately it does not run at all. It looks like *AntiVirus Vista 2010* has hijacked it.

Please help!!

Let me know if you need any further information!

Parry

Welcome pareshbhurke -

These instructions <- are from our Self Help area - There are now about 5 versions of 2010 but the basic 'Self Removal' process is the same - Please read these instructions fully and then procede - Mostly this works but if these instructions can not be followed then please read on -

As we don't work on other detailed Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please read and follow these directions -

Please print out, read, and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please be patient as there is a great influx of these infections and that is why we try the Self Help option first -

Thank You and good luck - :lol:

Welcome pareshbhurke -

These instructions <- are from our Self Help area - There are now about 5 versions of 2010 but the basic 'Self Removal' process is the same - Please read these instructions fully and then procede - Mostly this works but if these instructions can not be followed then please read on -

As we don't work on other detailed Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please read and follow these directions -

Please print out, read, and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please be patient as there is a great influx of these infections and that is why we try the Self Help option first -

Thank You and good luck - :lol:

Hi Noknojon,

I renamed the exe to com but still it does not run. It gives an error saying no program associated with it. Please help!!!

Parry

Hello pareshbhurke,

If you require further help to deal with this malware infection, please follow noknojon's instructions above and post the logs for the experts to analyze. If the malware infection prevents you from running all the the diagnostic tools, just post a description of the problems you are having in the HJT forum here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=7

Phew!!

Finally fixed it. The AV was not allowing me to install the MBAM utility so I restarted the machine in safe mode and quickly opted to install it. By grace of god it got installed.

After returning to normal mode, I couldn't run it as AV was hijacking it. But after following instructions given above, I renamed the exe to com and thankfully it ran.

My computer has calmed down now. Such a relief.

Thank you all for your support.

Parry

You are welcome to any support that we can help with -

If you browse the forum then you will find many such 'Self Help' and 'do it yourself' articles like the one you used - Please refer us to any other people that may need help or are interested in this type of forum -

Thank You - :lol: