appropriate permissions - free MBAM

Hi, I have just installed the free MBAM and am exploring the various tabs on the GUI. As I clicked the About tab and clicked "help", I got a dialog box saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I was able to access the help file via the main menu on my desktop though. I also got this message clicking the Protection tab and clicking the "test" button. Are these features not available because I'm using the free version? If so, why don't you list what is available on the free version, along side the Features of the paid version, and grey out features not available in the free version so we don't have to figure it out for ourselves as we explore the app. I did an initial quick scan and was impressed in the speed it was done. :P

Hey, I believe we met at Wilders Security?

No, the errors must be because of literally permission issues. Are you the administrator of that system? All features, minus the actual protection itself, are fully functional in the freeware version.

Hi Rubber Ducky, Yes we spoke over at Wilders the other day. According to what you say, it could be because I have my Firefox marked as "run safer" in my browser which takes away some administrator rights. I'll take that off when I get the chance and see if I can access Help on WBAM. Thanks for the response. :P

Here is what happens.

1. For the help file, MBAM tries to Execute mbam.chm.

2. For the test monitor option, MBAM tries to execute mbamtrayctrl.exe.

The execution is failing for some reason, which MBAM warns is lack of privileges.

Hi again. I completely re-installed making sure administrator rights were intact. I deleted MBAM from the program list of my FW, and restarted MBAM. Everything is working A-OK now. Thanks for your input. :P