Context Menu Question

Is there any reason why the context menu entry has to be so wide. Seriously though, it is just riduculously wide. Is there any way to change it. I would assume not as it does not follow the "Entry < command < 'command' " format. That needs to change. It is just too wide.

Well, the problem would be, nobody would understand what it means.

I suggest you trust your customers a little more than you do. If they install a product chances are they are not idiots and they are going to know what the corresponsing context menu is. It is not as if AM is geared towards newbies that have no idea what is going on, or rather what shouldn't be going on, with their system.

A ton of other anti-viruses have names that long...

Yeah, that's a good idea, copy their mistakes in hopes of making your product better.

you can disable the context menu in the settings tab.

How exactly would that solve my problem. It soesn't. It simple makes AM less functional

I suggest you start listening to your customers more. There are many negative reviews at Betanews that no one seems to be paying attention to, threads at Wilders that are obviously not being monitored, and numerous unhappy paying customers because of this kind of attitude. You are still a smaller (and reputable) company. Start listening to those that matter and stop simply brushing aside their criticisms.

• Root Admin
Yeah, that's a good idea, copy their mistakes in hopes of making your product better.

Point taken. For now, I can offer a workaround. By editing the English.lng file, line 227 and changing it to whatever you desire you can achieve this effect. On multiple systems we have tested, the context menu did not actually expand the context menu to a greater length.

Point taken. For now, I can offer a workaround. By editing the English.lng file, line 227 and changing it to whatever you desire you can achieve this effect. On multiple systems we have tested, the context menu did not actually expand the context menu to a greater length.

Thnk you very much. That was exactly what I was hoping for. Please understand that any criticism from me, and I would assumer most others, is aimed only at making AM better. Better detection would help, true, but it is not the only way to improve AM.

• Root Admin
Please understand that any criticism from me, and I would assumer most others, is aimed only at making AM better.

I understand completely and have been trying to monitor other locations for feedback. Unfortunately, at FileForum, the comments are crude and I can not get any suggestions from them! Glad I could help :P.

FileForum respondents, for the most part, are complete idiots - most of them sound like 14 yo boys who are trying to build a post count number more than anything....

I'll check out the MBAM comments there and make one or two of my own :P

@Nathan - criticism may be aimed at improving a product, but *constructive* criticism can be accomplished with a much more modicum of civility than sometimes is done. With a less critical tone and a more suggestive tone, you'll find that some people will listen to you more often and more readily (and those are the good guys, like Marcin here) whereas some will blow you off - those are the ones we wash our hands of and never have anything to do with again.

Fair enough. Although, I've read many thread where things were suggested and/or suggestions were made and the user was told that the developers were more interested in improving detection capabilities than improving AM in other areas. In fact, that is similar to the response I got until I got 'pushy'. Then, of course, I was told how to fix this particular annoyance. I would assume, and I may be wrong here, that the user should be given the benefit of the doubt, especially since the average 'no nothing' user doesn't typically post of little-known products' forums.

But everything will eventually improve.

• Root Admin

Although I do not speak for the rest of the team, my opinion is that detection rates should be perfect. I would rather have less features and higher detection than tons of features and only detect cookies. Fortunately, Bruce is in charge of that and I am in charge of new features, bug fixes etc ... So I have tons of time to program anything new for users.

No, I understood your response and tone of it completely - I too have had developers get snotty with me, with the result that I don't use their {removed product name to protect the innocent} products anymore. However, I jsut wanted to say that Marcin isn't one of those.

Although I do not speak for the rest of the team, my opinion is that detection rates should be perfect. I would rather have less features and higher detection than tons of features and only detect cookies. Fortunately, Bruce is in charge of that and I am in charge of new features, bug fixes etc ... So I have tons of time to program anything new for users.

Agreed. Although, we both know that perfect detection is not possible, unless you are NOD32, KAV, Dr Web, Ewido, and SAS all rolled into one. But still, there are other ways to improve AM without neglecting other areas.

Interesting problem ... Can you uncheck and check the context menu setting and see if that solves the issue.

I did as you suggested, but that did not solve the issue. I did however solve it, I thik. I exited out of AM completely, then restarted it, and enabled the entry via options. All seems to be fine now.